Teknectics Omega (version 5) Is A Real Sleeper

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've always had really good luck with the Omega and I have found lots of good finds with it. Especially silver coins. I've been doing some testing with all my detectors on a pull tab test board that I just recently put together. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting/466405-tabman-s-pull-tab-board-pain-test.html I tried several different settings and found that the one that I used in the video worked best for this test.

The Omega is a near perfect detector. It's well thought out and super easy to use.:thumbsup: After doing this test and Monte's nail board test with all my detectors, I've decided to sell 3 of them.

tabman

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tabman, there is a lot we have not agreed on, but I DO agree 100% about the Omega's performance. It is so easy to learn & seems to become part of you in a reasonably short time. I'm on my way to swing my version 4 with NEL Sharpshooter at an old home site I had "hunted out" with my other machines. Always fun to see if the Omega finds what my others missed. Not expecting much today, but we shall see. The Omega is an awesome machine.

Rce777777

Jul 12, 2014
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 and Eurotek pro for my little partner.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering how to tell what version it is. I bought a demo with factory warranty but never thought to ask about the version.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if you hold pinpoint while turning machine on it will display version number when powering up.

beano52

Mar 21, 2015
STL MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000 Eurotek Pro Tesoro Vaquero Garrett PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if you hold pinpoint while turning machine on it will display version number when powering up.

This is correct. I love my Omega with the NEL Sharpshooter!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was pleasantly surprised again. The Omega pulled my oldest wheat yet, (I know, it's just a wheat) a 1910 at a solid 5". This homesite skunked me 3 times in a row with 2 other detectors & 5 different coils. & I basically was done there. I found the wheat just after turning the sensitivity down to 57, I could hit 70 with very little emi at this site, & the police substation is within 200 yards or so. Seemed to hit less on smaller foil trash, etc... so lowering sens seemed to quiet it down a bit, allowing the better targets to stand out. Also found a 1954 wheat '81 lincoln and modern dime. Super trashy site with overload signals & a lot of iron trash. This thing rocks in the iron, I was running it at 3-4 tone & disc at 16. May look into the Hunter coil eventually but man, I really like the language of this machine as it is with the Sharpshooter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread