dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since getting the sharpshooter I don't use the stock coil. Every now and then I'll use the 5 in but not for very long. I do believe it is defiantly more stable and ids better and swings effortlessly. I bought mime just before teknetics announced their 5 by 10 which I know nothing about besides it being more expensive.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't speak for the T2. But I like it better than a 4 or 5". It's tighter than the 7" Tesoro Compadre. I can work right up to a chain link fence with no problems. The Sharpshooter won't mask as easily as the 11" DD due to a shorter and thinner field. So expect less depth. I don't find that it IDs any better.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
It made my Fisher F2 into a monster! My F70 has bonded real well with it. I have no comparison to the 5x10 coil, but it is every bit the contender with the stock 11" coil. Very slight loss in noticeable depth. ID is as good as the stock coils/ 10" concentric 11" DD. One day I will compare the 5x10 factory coil to the Sharpshooter.
Good luck.

OP
OP
digitanyway

digitanyway

Greenie
Aug 24, 2014
Sweet Home Oregon
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 se, Whites gm3, Garrett at gold, Garrett at Max, GMT,
and others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, I think I will stick with the stock coil. Can't see the extra money would be worth it.

Jeffsh

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
Sacramento, califor
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, XLt, Mxt, GM3 garrett Ace 250 and 350, Fisher F2,f5, Gold bug 2, Minela Sovereign, exploxer ii, Excalibur experience. I use the Fisher F5 and F2.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have and use the NEL coil, the one up from the sharpshooter coil on my F5, it's better than the stock 10" coil, I get dimes at 9" with it, better separation, and much more stable. It's suppose to be compatible with the G2, which I also own and have to put it to the test on that machine.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Sharpshooter on the Omega! Good depth, accurate ID, lightweight & great in trashy sites.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy this great to hear for sure i'll have to get one for the gamma for sure now to find out about the NEL snake coil!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread