Teknetics T2 Special Edition DST Upgrade?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to buy a Teknetics T2 on eBay (don't really want to spend $900 on one and don't mind used), but trying to wade through the various models of this detector is like sifting through a yard full of nails, pop tabs, and bottle caps.

First off, which is the detector to have? I'd suppose that it's the one with all the following label: Teknetics T2 Special Edition DST Upgrade?

How in heck can one be sure of that? Does the factory do upgrades anymore? For how much?

Thanks.

Last edited:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give one of the supporting dealers of this site a call. I paid a lot less than $900 for mine. I might be wrong, but I think Teknetics discontinued the upgrade offer for the t2 se back in March. Sadly, I missed out on it :BangHead:

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did end up scoring one finally. Just got it today, raining out.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine was delivered earlier today. I bought a 6 month old T2se LTD with the 11"DD and 5" coils, extra rod and a neoprene cover. Got a sweet deal. Everything looks like new. The guy I bought it from was looking at getting a different machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread