bought a new gamma 6000

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like layout of the Gamma. Basic and effective.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well iwanted something full featured and the gamma fits the bill I like the FEO read out the frequency and how light it is after some reading looks like i'll have to get the NEL coil for it

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use my gamma more than all other machines combined,have the sharpshooter but like the 10" stock coil better.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm hoping it will be better than the 8" stock coil I was never a fan of it but more or less after silver and the frequency fits the bill!

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I've been itching to get one of these for a while now for to use as a silver finder to go with my deeptech vista gold so nothing escapes

I use my gamma 6000 more than all others combined,its just that good.
Amazing depth,very good in the trash and the interface is really quick.
Also the weight and balance is spot on.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That says a lot, Supertraq. Especially with a pretty expensive array of detectors. Can you manual GB it in the Gulf shoreline for any depth?

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had one a few years ago and was really happy with the speed and accuracy but the EMI was it's demise for me. I really believe that First Texas is on its way to the top. Minelab is putting a stranglehold on the little guy dealers and White's has had a big shake up in the high ranks. Tesoro makes good stuff but hasn't introduced any new machines as of late. Dave Johnson has done great things at FT. Good luck with your Gamma!

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't hunt the beach that much,p'cola beach is like sugar and they run tractors every night to clean the beach.
Only after a tropical storm or depression do I bother with the beach.
The I use my cz's.
In dry beach sand the gamma should really work great,its possible that it might work the wet stuff.
To me its just the perfect machine,I never feel under gunned.

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats My gamma arrived yesterday try to use it this weekend.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread