erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went over a patch of yard that I had "hunted out" with my cibola. Needless to say, it missed something deeper. Gold plated maybe? Came out of the ground gold and shiny!
ba8e7611ecb49578048d4c4877de1fac.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a gold guilded button?

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's a guilded button? It was about 6 inches

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A gilded button is one that is "covered thinly with gold leaf or gold paint".

Nice going on the button! It's always fun to tryout a new detector. There are times that I really enjoy using my Omega (version 5).

What were your settings and which version did you get.

tabman

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just went high enough on the disc to weed out iron and foil and it rung up as a solid 56 which I think is nickel? It was bouncing between nickle and ptab but I got a version 6 ! I was very nervous about switching from tesoro, but the readout just gives me more info. I was afraid of missing targets bc they wouldn't show up correct on the vdi, so I would dig less, but I dug just as much yesterday to figure the machine out.

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good deal! Version 5 and 6 are an improvement over the earlier versions in my opinion. My version 5 gets really good depth even with a sensitivity setting as low as 60. Actually, using a higher sensitivity setting doesn't add much noticeable depth. I usually run the sensitivity between 60 and 70. Try using the Omega without any discrimination. The low tone will tell you that its iron in the 2 and higher tone settings. The single audio tone works somewhat like your Cibola does. In that mode turn up the sensitivity just high enough to discriminate out a nail or higher if foil becomes a problem. Then start digging all good repeatable audio signals. Dave Johnson says that the Omega is his favorite detector that he designed. You're going to find that your Cibola and Omega are going to make a great team.

tabman

OP
OP
E

erbdigger

Sep 13, 2014
Muncie IN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Tesoro Cibola(current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks !

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I still grab my gamma over other machines,it deep,light,and accurate.
Also very good battery life. Win,win machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions