T2 WHAT HAPPENED /

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has bp and a few other modes

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the vdi on my Fisher and garret pretty accurate. I'll take the occasional missed coin myself

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I hunt for old coins I am happy what I find. I will never pay for my hobby. I hunt mostly jewerly.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I hunt for old coins I am happy what I find. I will never pay for my hobby. I hunt mostly jewerly.

I should have asked if you dig many deep coins as on mine anyway tid really suffers but still has good audio.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig deep yes. Coins, well yes. But the places I hunt have either clay a few inches down or or plastic barrier in the city parks. So depth is not gonna happen. Now say I'm at a old mine site, buttons and coins are found up to the 7 inch range. The sites are too trashy to get decent depth. I can dig 10 inches plus all day in the water run off areas, but dig bullets only. Even on private property do I seldom dig over 10 inches. I can think of two places where deep old coins have been found. So when folks start talking depth I just tone out. I leave the deep diggin to the archys. Now relics is a whole different dig. Most finds being larger than a coin and found in small pockets I find deep as I care to dig. But again I hunt gold and silver rings in the local city parks. I find the coverage of the large 11 inch coil on the F75 excellent. The sensitivity to small pieces such as ear rings is superb also on the F75. The DST on the F75 doesn't hurt the sensitivity and allows for hunts other detectors would have a emi problem in town. When hunting with the F75 I have to place my digger, my cell phone, and even my pin pointer well away from the detector when hunting. Getting depth is not the problem, I'm just happy to find new drops and not suffer looking for deep old coins in places that have been hunted out 50 years ago.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig deep yes. Coins, well yes. But the places I hunt have either clay a few inches down or or plastic barrier in the city parks. So depth is not gonna happen. Now say I'm at a old mine site, buttons and coins are found up to the 7 inch range. The sites are too trashy to get decent depth. I can dig 10 inches plus all day in the water run off areas, but dig bullets only. Even on private property do I seldom dig over 10 inches. I can think of two places where deep old coins have been found. So when folks start talking depth I just tone out. I leave the deep diggin to the archys. Now relics is a whole different dig. Most finds being larger than a coin and found in small pockets I find deep as I care to dig. But again I hunt gold and silver rings in the local city parks. I find the coverage of the large 11 inch coil on the F75 excellent. The sensitivity to small pieces such as ear rings is superb also on the F75. The DST on the F75 doesn't hurt the sensitivity and allows for hunts other detectors would have a emi problem in town. When hunting with the F75 I have to place my digger, my cell phone, and even my pin pointer well away from the detector when hunting. Getting depth is not the problem, I'm just happy to find new drops and not suffer looking for deep old coins in places that have been hunted out 50 years ago.

I'm just the oppisite. The reason I detect is old coins and in western Mt they are mostly deep.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread now has me really thinking and wondering.

I have a deal lined up on a used T2 SE for 475.00 with half of it's warranty still in place. It's in like new condition. I thought that was a steal considering the fact that I rarely see used T2 SE's for sale in my area. I think people love them and hang onto them.

I'm beginning to think I may just be better off getting a brand new T2 for another 25 bucks. If I do it would be my first brand new detector.
All of my machines were used before they came my way.

Is the difference between the T2 and the T2 SE worth the extra hundreds of dollars?? Will the SE find more and deeper targets than the T2??

Thoughts or comments anyone??

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread now has me really thinking wondering.

I have a deal lined up on a used T2 SE for 475.00 with half of it's warranty still in place. It's in like new condition. I thought that was a steal considering the fact that I rarely see used T2 SE's for sale in my area. I think people love them and hang onto them.

I'm beginning to think I may just be better off getting a brand new T2 for another 25 bucks. If I do it will be my first brand new detector.
All of my machines were used before they came my way.

Is the difference between the T2 and the T2 SE worth the extra hundreds of dollars?? Will the SE find more and deeper targets than the T2??

Thoughts or comments anyone??

I haven't used the original but I don't use the extra features that come with the new one either. Hunting in boost is a pain it puts it in overdrive and falses a lot and becomes unstable. It is handy for checking deep signals but hard to use as a hinting mode. I personally believe the T2 is best in a dig everything above iron style of hunting. It will work just fine for coin and jewerly but maybe not as accurate tid as some others.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics warranty is to the original purchaser only. Second hand = no warranty

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics warranty is to the original purchaser only. Second hand = no warranty

Yes. to Garrett 424 don't get sucked into that "left over warranty BS." Don't get me wrong if you want the used machine with the extra modes by all means buy it. But the new one will have all it's warranty, and I've been told (from the source) that these new T2s are better EMI wise that the original units.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics repairs, if needed are usually extremely inexpensive. If it works fine now, it will probably keep working fine.

still, the new one is a real bargain.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics repairs, if needed are usually extremely inexpensive. If it works fine now, it will probably keep working fine.

still, the new one is a real bargain.

I agree.

I bought my Delta used; as is, and it's never let me down despite the fact that I've beaten the hell out of it. I've even used it in the rain a few times with no cover and no problems. Not that I would recommend that to anyone but once it dried out I fired it up and it was just as good as ever. I typically carry a Zip-Lock and a shoestring but I have been caught in a few cloudbursts.

Teknetics machines seem to be very well made as far as I can tell. All of my detectors were bought used and they all still work fine.

One thing I haven't used yet is a coil cover. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I never scratch up my coils in any damaging way. I just don't drag or bang them along the ground and they're all just fine. It's not that I have anything against covers but I just don't see any real need so far.

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You would be hard-pressed to find a better deal than the classic T2 at $499! A real no-brainer.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting