dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the very first edition. The one with green shaft it also doesn't have boost mode or cache mode.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe they reduced the price to compete against the "Chinese knock-off" that sells for the same price.

$_12.JPG

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My understanding is that First Texas has thousands of these machines in overstock and as everyone knows has also lowered the price on the Omega 8000 to make room for the new 8500 model. They should just update these T2 machines with DST etc. To me, the upgrade program was an admission of the EMI problems that have plagued these machines since their debut. As long as these machines have been manufactured and sold, the R&D has long been paid for. First Texas sells Bounty Hunter, Fisher, and Teknetics( as we all know). They have an excellent marketing strategy in that they cover all the bases in pricing, from entry level up to professional grade detectors with some really good intermediate machines that can more than hold their own against more expensive models from other top name detector brands. This T2 comeback would have been much better if the EMI issue had been addressed. Hey First Texas, at least offer an upgrade option for these T2 detectors when bought new. Give the new owner 30 days to see if they even need/want the upgrade and then do the upgrade for a more reasonable cost. Brand loyalty is a two way street. You can have the best technology in the world but it's worthless without customers. Just my $.02:hello:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
When those T2's first came out they were finding gold overseas some where ... I can not remember where but they were buying them all up and the dealers in the states had none or very few ... So in the states here there were ones putting there T2 on Ebay and getting around $2000.00 some a little less and some more .. And they were getting that price for the T2.......And now they are only $499.00 ... I do not know if that is funny or sad... ​Now ..ZR2guy.. they should give a update on the T2 at a reasonable cost...you are right on with your post...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Ltd without upgrade and believe the EMI problem is overblown and don't even consider it an issue. That makes these t2s imo a great deal.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMHO I believe the T2 is the best bang for the buck. :award_star_gold_2:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the Ltd without upgrade and believe the EMI problem is overblown and don't even consider it an issue. That makes these t2s imo a great deal.
Depends on where you hunt and how much sensitivity you like/need to use. If it was an "overblown" problem , First Texas wouldn't have offered the DST upgrade on the T2 as well as the Fisher F70/75. They received a lot of complaints about EMI. I own a T2 with DST and have used an older T2, believe me, there is a differerence. No doubt that $499 is a good price for the T2 but I will still take my SE LTD w/DST and not have to be as concerned with EMI.:headbang:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the DST T2 and F-75...but i had the org.T2 and F-75 both bought in 2009.
I stopped hunting in the city 25 years ago, i hunt 99% in the country so never had much of an EMI problem with any of them
If i turn off the DST still no problem,but older models i heard of people in the city's having EMI problems or around ele.fences/WiFi in the country.
First Texas is first in the fight to spot/Stop/Foil the counter fitters and have put many overseas operations out of the game
The digitized serial # is just one example, as is the New/Old T2 .
Gary

Last edited:

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
look at this fake t2 and he said $165, from China..

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped hunting in the city 25 years ago, i hunt 99% in the country so never had much of an EMI problem with any of them
If i turn off the DST still no problem,but older models i heard of people in the city's having EMI problems or around ele.fences/WiFi in the country.
First Texas is first in the fight to spot/Stop/Foil the counter fitters and have put many overseas operations out of the game
Gary
OK they have put the digitized serial# on the $499.00 T2 is that right ? That is good then .. I do not see any dealers pushing them so there must not be much of a profit to be made with them ... All i saw was two dealer's on you tube pushing them ...And one was Kellyco and Kellyco was sold out of them...

Last edited:

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
look at this fake t2 and he said $165, from China..

That is scary. Another great example of why you should buy a new MD from a reputable dealer/sponsor on this and other treasure forums. Does anybody have any experience with these china clone detectors? Do they actually find stuff? I heard about the knock-off Minelab GPX machines from a year or so ago. From the outside, even the Minelab people couldn't tell the difference but when you opened them up it was a total different story. As I said, scary stuff. Thanks for posting this short horror film...er, I mean, video.:laughing7: More people really need to see this.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gary
Staying within the same brand, it's the same with the Omega, I have to stick with the Vaquero in the city due to the EMI, although you can lower the Sens.which when just coin shooting is fine but, the Omega can be run WIDE OPEN, high sens., in the farm fields I hunt which is great. From what I hear most FT detectors are the same with that concern???
I have been reasearching another purchase, F70, and hear they run a bit of the same. Was hoping with the additional adjustment on the F70, threshold, could be tuned a bit better for city use.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned a Delta 4000 and a Gamma 6000. I can only speak for the Teknetics side but all of their machines run hot. I had to sell the Gamma due to EMI. I went on a couple club hunts and if another machine came anywhere close to me, the Gamma let me know it. What was worse was that there were huge power line towers close to where we hunted and the Gamma went crazy. I had to turn the sensitivity back to 40-50 which obviously cost me some depth. We were hunting an old farm so depth was somewhat important. I really liked how that Gamma separated targets so fast. The Delta was a good unit also. I would recommend it for a beginner to intermediate user. I have read the Omega 8000 models with version 5 and 6 software don't have the EMI issues like their predecessors.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this new T2 is it old stock ..Or are they making the T2 again ?

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy it look's like it is made better than the real one..

it make like my real t2 be dont know about performance

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary

I'm with you never has emi problems. I believe there has been so much talk of the issue that people that have never used one will tell you that t2s have a problem with emi just because they have heard it somewhere. An example would be how many times have you read a explorer is hard to find nickels and gold rings with. People that really know how to use them know that's hogwash but it keeps getting repeated so it must be true. I believe the T2 is a easily overpowered detector that takes time to learn how to adapt to different situations but does so very well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread