Gamma 6000 $320...

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is the price of the Gamma coming down? Wal-Mart has it for $320, or $179 less than the current street price. I'm guessing they were told to change the price on the Delta when they had it for $138 which is less than half the current going street price. I would think both of those models were/are being sold at less than dealer cost.

If you've been thinking about getting a Gamma, I would do so quickly before they realize their mistake and raise the price...

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a lot of top of the line machine since 93,my gamma is my right hand machine.
Use it more than all others combined,I think Monte even likes them.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a lot of top of the line machine since 93,my gamma is my right hand machine.
Use it more than all others combined,I think Monte even likes them.

I think the Gamma & Omega are both underrated. In about 1.5 hrs I dug 29 clads ($3.97) today at a local school, using the NEL Sharpshooter/Omega combo, most of them at 5" or deeper, a couple at 8". When I dig a nickel at 7" like I did today, I would consider that good for most detectors. The Teks are deep, lightweight, accurate & versatile. They are very user intuitive & the learning curve is not very steep.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HighPlainsHunter

HighPlainsHunter

Apr 17, 2008
Forney, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wound up buying both the Delta and the Gamma at those prices. Picked up the Delta yesterday, and the Gamma is ready to pick up tomorrow. The Delta is the "B" version with the push-on coil connector. Disappointed about that as I would have wanted to be able to use other coils with it, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to keep it and just use it with the 8" concentric, or do a return. I'm hoping that the Gamma isn't going to be the same way.

Anyone have any input with regard to the push-on coil on the Delta?

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wound up buying both the Delta and the Gamma at those prices. Picked up the Delta yesterday, and the Gamma is ready to pick up tomorrow. The Delta is the "B" version with the push-on coil connector. Disappointed about that as I would have wanted to be able to use other coils with it, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to keep it and just use it with the 8" concentric, or do a return. I'm hoping that the Gamma isn't going to be the same way.

I purchased an Alpha from Walmart about 2 years ago & it also had the push on connector. There was something rattling around in the control box & the coil cable seemed very thin. I returned it as I was paying $199 for NOS product.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be curious as to see what the build dates of the Wally World Delta 4000s are. IIRC, FT changed over to screw on connectors some time back. Wally World would be a great "dumping ground" for manufacturer overstock. Still a great deal on the Delta 4000 even if you are stuck with the 8" coil. I am also curious about the Gamma 6000 as well. Had one a few years back. Good machine but it seemed to find EMI really well.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

For the reduced price, FTP seems to have something up their sleeve with Teknetics. The T2 and Omega dropped in price. Clearing out push on coil stock of the Alpha's and Delta's. The Gamma never came out with push on coils except as a Bounty Hunter Platinum. I think Teks are getting a facelift with new offerings soon.

The only advantage the Delta with push on coil has, is for someone like me, that has different other 7.8khz push on coils in which to switch out.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hopefully something to compete with the Garrett AT Pro.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I concentrate all my MDing experiences to the sub $500 fare. Getting the best experiences for hunters that choose not to pay a mortgage payment to enjoy a fun and profitable hobby. From my view down here, the Omega 8500 is more than capable to compete against the AT Pro. And if you read the Bounty Hunter forum, you'll see many tests from dealers that scored the Land Ranger Pro the same as the AT Pro in many detecting experiences. It's all about the POV.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I concentrate all my MDing experiences to the sub $500 fare. Getting the best experiences for hunters that choose not to pay a mortgage payment to enjoy a fun and profitable hobby. From my view down here, the Omega 8500 is more than capable to compete against the AT Pro. And if you read the Bounty Hunter forum, you'll see many tests from dealers that scored the Land Ranger Pro the same as the AT Pro in many detecting experiences. It's all about the POV.

In my experience the Omega and 3-4 others in that price range already blow the ATP out of the water in every aspect- weight, balance, audio, am modes, backlight, depth, etc, etc. The only reason I could ever recommend it is for someone wanting to go over 2 feet deep water hunting.

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I suppose I should have been more clear. I meant to compete with the AT pro as far as ability to submerge entire detector underwater. Of course on land there are plenty of machines more capable, absolutely. My T2 SE LTD for one:laughing7:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hear ya. After my fiasco with the Vaquero, I decided if I spent that kind of money again I would get a deal on a $500 used machine or get a deal on used machine that would normally sell for $500-$600. Ended up getting the X-Terra 505 (great machine IMO) with 2 coils for $360 on ebay. Traded the 505 for the Omega, & I am stoked on it! I am a bargain hunter, but it is a bit scary buying used. Trading with someone on the forums who has a good rep did help ease my mind with the Omega trade though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread