Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The Classic T2 must be a good detector but you do not see much about them on the treasure sites .... But like other new detectors that come out you do not see any for sale i have only seen 2 used ones for sale .. So the ones that got them must be holding on to them so that says something good about them..

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I detected a very small yard. It was like 20 by 20. I just got an atpro and have been doing pretty good with it. I searched that little piece of land both directions and crossways. I was getting ready to leave and thought why not run the t2 over it. With the atpro in found 6 wheats and a big token. I fired up the t2 and found 4 more wheats and a merc. My t2 is not the original but I believe it the same unless you you used boost or cache.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
From the looks of it not to many out here using the Classic T2....

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have considered getting a T2 classic myself but I am worried about the EMI issues....I've seen videos of the T2 going crazy with EMI and that would drive me crazy!...Other than that, that is the only problem I would have...It seems like a very deep detector with great features...

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have considered getting a T2 classic myself but I am worried about the EMI issues....I've seen videos of the T2 going crazy with EMI and that would drive me crazy!...Other than that, that is the only problem I would have...It seems like a very deep detector with great features...

Emi issuses are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you dont have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally dont mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Emi issuses are over blown. People that never use them will tell you all about the emi "problem". The thing about the t2 is if you encounter i site with emi you have frequency shift to try first. You should by able to find a frequency that helps. Next thing would be disc. Disc works different on the t2 from other detectors. I believe the bottom number is 10 from 10 down is a boost in gain, so 10 to 50 is lower gain and will help quiet it down. 51 and up boost is in high gain again. The last thing would be sensitivity, you dont have to crank it. The t2 has plenty of depth down to 60. I personally dont mind running it hot, it seems like they are hotter than most other detectors and can be ran up to being unstable or backed down and still be better than most. If you can't tell i think they are one of the best detectors you can buy.

Thanks, Dirtscratcher! Your reply was very informative!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seriously considering getting a T2 Classic merely cause of price. What a bargain.
And the emi thing is kinda a non issue w me after taming an F70.
Thanks men, you've help me make a choice.
Peace

MikeyMinx

Apr 8, 2016
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm seriously considering getting a T2 Classic merely cause of price. What a bargain.
And the emi thing is kinda a non issue w me after taming an F70.
Thanks men, you've help me make a choice.
Peace

You wouldn't be disappointed !!! Great Machine/Great Price

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lot of T2 owners don't talk much about them - several members in our local MD club use them and have good results with very little EMI issues.

Texas ED

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is the most informative post I have read for quite some time - Thank you so much for sharing ;)

KennyD

Apr 25, 2013
Belleville, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a T2 Classic on its way. I should have it tomorrow.... I'm stoked!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread