New T2 user got whooped by a trashy park today

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Teknetics Gamma and hunted an old gold mining ghost town. I kept getting nails in the 90's readings. I dug everything over 75, dug dozens of nails, bent or curved nails were the worst. Finally got a 1898 Indian Head Penny. Then I switched over to a Whites GMT. Got a few relics of non ferrous, all the iron objects were the low growl on the GMT. I quit digging the low growls, found a Canadian 1960 penny. I think I need about 8 different kinds of detectors! Like a golfer that uses all kinds of different clubs...

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you're gettin' it. It's a sickness. I have found no one machine that does it all. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. I like my Fisher F75 and Tek T2 for coin shooting and relic hunting, respectively. ATX for relics in bad soil and Minelab Excal for the beach. But my Deus is probably the closest to being all purpose.

Last edited:

mnlineman

Jan 1, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
T2 Ltd Sovereign GT Tigershark
Sounds like our fairgrounds here. Used same settings as you except my sens was 80. Finally decided to only dig stuff 80 and above or a solid 54-56 for nickle and they had to repeatable in two directions. I did pick up an indian head at about 7 inches that was an 81 one way and 76 the other. Probably won't dig much gold that way but I only have so many holes in me per hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread