SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
c253b4bd690f62a1c002dd6b36de1bbe.jpg

I bought a Bluetooth transmitter to see how it would work, tested it and so far no lag. But a real field test would really tell.

Keep swinging my friends!

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out a little today and the Bluetooth transmitter worked good had no signal delay. Will be good until I can get me a Deux xp

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out a little today and the Bluetooth transmitter worked good had no signal delay. Will be good until I can get me a Deux xp

Which bluetooth did you get? I missed it.
Thanks!

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was from bestbuy I'll get the name as soon as I get home

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aluratek bluetooth universal audio transmitter

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet set up. I'm setting up my Omega the same way very soon.
Keep us posted and good luck out there....

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely keep us posted. I am a little leery on this particular unit based on the poor reviews (they say not very durable). Hope it works out for the long run.

OP
OP
SuperShaun

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me also I have 13 more days to test it see if I like it or return it

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you have the return period. Seems like if the unit is going to die, it does so in the first couple of weeks, if not, then it works out ok.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I see that Deteknix has a wireless setup for around 90 bucks made specifically for metal detectors.

wire-free wireless headphone kit

Wireless Headphones.jpg

I've read some positive reviews. If this setup is as good as the XPointer it could be a winner. I still want to wait a while until the jury's in though.
I'm usually a bit leery of new products and like to see what actual users have to say after some time has passed. I also like to see if the price comes down or if someone else comes up with something similar at a better price.

They look and sound pretty good so far and IMO, 90 bucks isn't too unreasonable IF they're built to last. That's the big question for me.

I know I've beaten the living hell out of my XPointer and it's still working like the day I got it. The camo has pretty much worn off but that's not a problem for me.

I really don't like using wired headphones despite the fact that so many people swear by them. I bought a really nice set of headphones early on and found myself preferring my Apple ear buds over them. But overall anything with a cable just gets in my way far too much; especially in some of the areas I hunt in the woods where there are so many sticker bushes, vines,low hanging branches and other obstacles to get snagged on. If I'm hunting an open field it's a different story but I'm hunting fewer fields these days.

But OTOH, once I go wireless I can't see myself hunting without them.

Last edited:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good you have the return period. Seems like if the unit is going to die, it does so in the first couple of weeks, if not, then it works out ok.

Yup. Electronic items either "burn in or burn out" relatively quickly. If it's good for 6 months than it may be good for years.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that Deteknix has a wireless setup for around 90 bucks made specifically for metal detectors.

wire-free wireless headphone kit

View attachment 1319427

I've read some positive reviews. If this setup is as good as the XPointer than it could be a winner. I still want to wait a while until the jury's in though.
I'm usually a bit leery of new products and like to see what actual users have to say after some time has passed. I also like to see if the price comes down or if someone else comes up with something similar at a better price.

They look and sound pretty good so far and IMO, 90 bucks isn't too unreasonable IF they're built to last. That's the big question for me.

I know I've beaten the living hell out of my XPointer and it's still working like the day I got it. The camo has pretty much worn off but that's not a problem for me.

I really don't like using wired headphones despite the fact that so many people swear by them. I bought a really nice set of headphones early on and found myself preferring my Apple ear buds over them. But overall anything with a cable just gets in my way far too much; especially in some of the areas I hunt in the woods where there are so many sticker bushes, vines,low hanging branches and other obstacles to get snagged on. If I'm hunting an open field it's a different story but I'm hunting fewer fields these days.

But OTOH, once I go wireless I can't see myself hunting without them.

I think a Null button or a momentary OFF switch would be nice to allow one to hear their pin pointer, that is, if one had any background noise.
Marvin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread