Delta 4000 or Eurotek pro?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son wants a new detector for Christmas. He has used a 5.75" Compadre for a few years now, but wants a machine that is a little deeper and has a screen...lol. I am looking to spend around $250 on the machine and have narrowed it down to these two detectors but am open to other suggestions. He will be tagging along with me so this means hunting old home sites, parks and farm fields for coins & relics. Pretty much all situations... I really like the ETP, but iss it still a great machine with the 8" concentric coil? As the 11" DD puts it above the price limit, but more importantly I think it will make the machine a little heavy for him to swing very long. Thanks for any help here.....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The EuroTek Pro has a much better recovery speed and unmasking capability. Night and day difference. Since they both have 8 inch coils the ETP is absolutely the way to go.

While the 11inch DD does add some depth...not too sure a younger hunter will want or need to go deeper. It still a killer coin shooter and a GREAT machine in iron with the 8in coil. People in Europe rave about it.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
He will not like the speed of the 4000 compared to the Compadre...or the Euro Tek, or the Fisher F2 or F22 either.
Even the new Ace 300 might be a bit faster than the Teknetics unit but in comparison reviews and recommendations the F22 usually still has more fans at the $250 price point.
A good amount of usable features for the money plus it is water resistant.

Between just those two go for the Pro.

Last edited:

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey get the eurotek pro with the DD coil on it. You will be happy and he will be happy too. It will out perform units costing over twice as much. I have had more than one myself. I may still get another one one day but it is a hard machine to beat for the money.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'd have to add the BH Land Ranger Pro into the mix, it is a eurotek on steroids. It is the best bang for the buck and can be had for about $200-$230 used. It has many options that come on detectors that cost hundreds more and is ultra light. I am a big fan of the 9" x 11" stock DD coil over the 8" concentric.

doggoneitdignit

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
Detector(s) used
Current: Vaquero,Compadre,T2,300i, ML 440V, and Simplex+
Past:Whites 4000 D Series 3, Radio Shack 3001 Micronta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He will not like the speed of the 4000 compared to the Compadre...or the Euro Tek, or the Fisher F2 or F22 either.
Even the new Ace 300 might be a bit faster than the Teknetics unit but in comparison reviews and recommendations the F22 usually still has more fans at the $250 price point.
A good amount of usable features for the money plus it is water resistant.

Between just those two go for the Pro.

I am about to purchase a Compadre 8", my son who is nearly 18, is loosing interest in the hobby and wanting to know if I should purchase a Compadre or just use his Ace 300 then? This is a 8KHz machine and the Compadre is a 12KHz machine, I imagine I may get more depth on the Ace, would any one like to confirm this, as well separation comparison, would it make sense to even purchase this as a go to machine? I need to put money into a Pinpointer instead I think as the BH one just lacks the depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread