Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my T2 the alarm I think you are talking about will sound when I am over a large piece of metal.

Luked

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever dig it when you get the overload alarm? i have got it a few times also on my Omega 8000

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or an aluminum can just under the surface.

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Laura I watched you video and agree about your theory..partially. IMO you are getting the overload alarm because of large iron. If you detect a lot of larger objects (like and aluminum can as Vferrari stated), it'll do the same thing. Several things directly affect the alarm triggering. Target size coupled with depth is one. Since you showed your target was about 6" inches deep (from what I could guess), in the video the size and depth should not have triggered overload. A screaming signal yes, but not overload.

I believe it's being caused by another thing that directly causes overload, swing speed! In all of your videos you are barely even moving the coil. Due to the long linger time over a target the return signal is totally saturating the the system and inducing the overload. Ya need to pick up that speed! The swing speed I see is the level of minor movement needed for pin point mode only. The swing speed doesn't need to be like a maniac (plus you'll wear your arm out!), but a broad confident sweep from side to side, at or just beyond your shoulder width with the coil parallel to and just off of the ground. Good luck and practice, practice, practice!

OP
OP
L

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Palmetto Pony! I have had another person tell me I was swinging too fast also :(. I am trying to find a balance but I have no one to teach me so learning on my own. One day I will get it :) Advice from you, Carolina Tom, and others are helping, so keep it coming! I hope to be able to go out in groups one day but the feeling I get from others is that I have to put time in first and prove myself first before getting invited. I will get there one day and will just keep practicing :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi laurahatt, my t2 se will overload on large metal objects close to the surface. I just lift my coil up and swing again. Dig em up, I have found vintage tools, cookware, license plates, etc.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bottom line is you're swinging over either something large or something just under the surface. You can dig or not dig it's up to you.
I've had my overload alarm go off on on my Delta and Omega on quarters laying in the grass if I get close enough. It's just telling you you're really close to the target.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread