nate77

Greenie
Mar 14, 2017
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking at the new site, I see the Patriot at $399, with discount, and the T2 Classic at $499, I wonder how these two machines compare performance wise?

I currently have a T2 Classic, how does it compare with the Patriot/F70?

ganixle

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what a "CC" after model number stands for? I picked up a G2-CC the other day brand new in box with stock coil and small sniper coil. The best I can tell it is a G2 not the G2+ as there is no volume control on this thing. Its just the CC designation has me puzzled and a Google search takes me to DEPAR detectors in North Africa where this same version of a G2 is offered for sale. At the price I got it, I could not pass it up. I have been back to an old town here in some alleys that are just full of junk and very well picked over but have managed to recover an 1887 Seated Liberty dime and a 1798 Carlous IV half Reale Spanish coin along with a bunch of copper, brass and lead pieces that never even caused a beep on several other detectors I've passed through there with.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CC = coil combo. 2X coils.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Looking at the new site, I see the Patriot at $399, with discount, and the T2 Classic at $499, I wonder how these two machines compare performance wise?

I currently have a T2 Classic, how does it compare with the Patriot/F70?

Both built on the same core platform along with the F75 and the Patriot is an F70 with new graphics and name...I use the F70.
Similar engines and abilities but different programming, the upper end units have some newer preset processes, also.

All seem to work excellently, the Tek unit has a bigger iron range so supposedly a bit easier to use for relic hunters, the Fishers are commonly thought of as coin shooters but my Fisher works extremely well in heavy, dense iron and the T2 finds coins and jewelry easily and efficiently.

More of a matter of taste.
I hunt public parks for coins and jewelry so the less compressed upper end of the Fisher fits me better.
I have been amazed by mine...easily up to the 12-15" depth area in good soil, works extremely well in iron, trash and mineralized dirt.
I have boost which does come in handy from time to time, and none of those newer processes but I have more than enough settings to accomplish everything I have aimed to do in some of the most challenging sites you can imagine.
I have been shockingly successful.
I like the fact I can use both DD and concentric coils on the Fishers...and I do, plus I can control the threshold in disc which even the flagship cannot do.
Not a huge deal but I am a big tweaker and like that I have this ability and do use it to my advantage from time to time.
The Patriot coming out at $399 astounds me, technologically a close to flagship level unit at a top of the line entry level price...or lower mid level.

Switching between these 4 to me is basically a sideways move since they are so similar in basic functions and abilities.
There are now many versions of the two flagships, fully loaded or with a bit less at different price points, and now two F70's but the original has been discontinued.
Pretty much the best thing for new owners is choose the appropriate features for the sites and conditions they will be hunting and factor in the prices to decide perceived value.

They all work and work well...once you learn what they can do.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread