T2 Question

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boost Mode for Better Depth, Special Limited Edition Black Paint, DSP Signal Processor

OP
OP
GA_Boy

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.
Marvin

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Boost come in handy at times. I swing the F75LTD and use boost to get a better target ID on an iffy signal. I do npot use Boost mode as often as I planned since it increases false signals,

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't that model also have DST?

Yes. I think think that's what LocoDigger meant by the DSP (it uses a DSP to filter out EMI - First Texas calls that Digital Shield Technology> DST)

First Texas likes to use confusing terminology not only confined to the way they name their detectors (T2, T2 SE, T2 LTD, T2 Special Limited Edition, same goes for the F75 series) Lol. Great detectors, though.

And yes, even though not asked above, there is a (big) difference between the T2 and the F75. They are very similar from an operator interface standpoint and look/feel but very different on how they process signals with the T2 having an expanded, more finely adjustable iron discrimination algorithm geared to relic hunting and prospecting (but an excellent coinshooter nevertheless), but lacking compatibility with concentric/coaxial coils (only accepts DD's) and F75 geared more towards coin shooting and jewelry hunting (but an excellent relic machine nevertheless). And even though they are both 13 khz detectors, their coils are NOT interchangeable.

Last edited:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes. I think think that's what LocoDigger meant by the DSP (it uses a DSP to filter out EMI - First Texas calls that Digital Shield Technology> DST)

First Texas likes to use confusing terminology not only confined to the way they name their detectors (T2, T2 SE, T2 LTD, T2 Special Limited Edition, same goes for the F75 series) Lol. Great detectors, though.

And yes, even though not asked above, there is a (big) difference between the T2 and the F75. They are very similar from an operator interface standpoint and look/feel but very different on how they process signals with the T2 having an expanded, more finely adjustable iron discrimination algorithm geared to relic hunting and prospecting (but an excellent coinshooter nevertheless), but lacking compatibility with concentric/coaxial coils (only accepts DD's) and F75 geared more towards coin shooting and jewelry hunting (but an excellent relic machine nevertheless). And even though they are both 13 khz detectors, their coils are NOT interchangeable.

This is awesome info! Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions