Tek-Point - New Pinpointer from Teknetics Metal Detectors

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder when these will be available. Also curious to see price on them too......and why it is so much more advanced than what we already use.

OP
OP
Rick K

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Available very soon. This is an new design, Carl Moreland was involved - he's the head of electrical engineering at First Texas (the mothership). it's a Pulse induction detector and said to be very deep by a friend of mine who has tested it.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any idea of a time frame for this to hit the market? I'm going to give it a shot

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two things I like about this. It says it has a adjustable LED light. I hope you can turn it off to save the battery. Next the speaker is at the end of the handle. I have a lot of trouble hearing my Whites TRX.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can confirm the LED turns off.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any word on when this pointer will be in our hands?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got pushed back to mid January unfortunately.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is past mid January. What is the latest?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used an ebay coupon to get one. Awesome, hotter than my black Garrett, adjustable alarm and vibrate, uses two AA batteries instead of 9v and is waterproof.

I see in the manual you can change it to run on one of 16 different frequencies if it's interfering with your detector.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love mine,..been tellin everybody lol. I haven't even looked at the adjustabilities yet. Had it out about 8 hunts I think. I like it cause it works great but also it's simple on/off function. My Grrt Carrot always gave me fits just turning off and on. Not this one.

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the fisher equivalent. I thought it might unseat my TRX as prime pointer. It didn't. The vibration was much weaker (I don't use sound.) and covered a larger area than the TRX. It didn't seem to get stronger as I came closer to the midpoint of the target. When I ratcheted it, it was hard to locate where it would vibrate again. On deeper targets, it wouldn't vibrate at all where the TRX gave a good signal. I had both at maximum sensitivity. I thought it being deep on the sides would be a help locating the target but for me it was much easier to locate with the TRX. After dark the Fisher lights up the area where the TRX is lacking so then I will be using it. Don't get me wrong, it is a very good pinpointer with some advantages but for me the TRX still rules. YMMV

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread