Teknetics Omega 8000 Version 6 Search Coil Selection

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just recently acquired yet another Omega version 6 metal detector. The others that I've owned were versions 4, 5, and 6. I keep selling them and then start missing them. The most recent one that I bought and sold was a version 6. I mainly used it with the Sharpshooter search coil.

The only search coil that I have for the newly aquired one is a 10 inch elliptical concentric, so I'm looking to get something else maybe a little deeper. I've used the 11 inch stock DD search coil, but it didn't do so great handling EMI. Although it wasn't bad at most sites using the versions 5 & 6. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Oh yeah, I don't like a lot of weight on the end of the rod.

tabman

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about a 13 inch ultimate hardly used – $100 shipped?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How about a 13 inch ultimate hardly used – $100 shipped?

I'm not sure that I need a search coil that big.

tabman

Last edited:

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 13" Detech Ultimate coil works great on the Omega and is very light. I use 90% of the time Tesoro Detectors except if i go to the beaches with a lot of pulltabs and bottle caps. Then it use The Omega 8000 version 4 with the 13" Detech coil. Gives good coverage and depth and it's easier to identify pulltabs and bottle caps then with my Tesoro's. The Omega is a great coin shooter..

Last edited:
OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info. I've thought about giving the Ultimate a try in the past, but right now I'm thinking that the CORS Scout or NEL Hunter might be a good choice, because of better EMI shielding. Has anyone ever use one of these? I've used the NEL Sharpshooter in the past and it handled EMI very well. I'm getting around a 2 inches of airspace above a 7 inch deep freshly buried clad dime in my test garden using the stock 10 inch elliptical concentric search coil. I'm interested in getting a couple of extra inches of depth with a search coil that's not overly big and can handle EMI well.

tabman

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't think you would get any better performance out of the Nel scout over the 11in dd tek coil. I would opt for the Nel tornado over the scout if wanting a bigger coil.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't think you would get any better performance out of the Nel scout over the 11in dd tek coil. I would opt for the Nel tornado over the scout if wanting a bigger coil.

I think the Detech 13" ultimate coil is a better choice. Same performance or even better than the Nel Tornado but lighter. At the end of the day you will feel the difference in youre arm.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
tabman
I like the NEL Hunter and Sharpshooter on my Ver.4 Omega.
The Hunter was not much more weight that the Sharpshooter...but got more depth and settles down the EMI issue .
I used the Hunter often and it got deep !
Gary

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a detech SEF 12X10 coil and a Mars Tiger for the Omega. They both seem to be very good on depth. It seems to me the SEF is a little easier to pinpoint with and maybe a little quieter as far as EMI although neither are bad. They are both definitely deeper than the stock coil and the 8 inch round one. I use the SEF more often. Now why I have both is a good question that I really cannot answer but they are both well made and effective coils.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread