Patriot second hunt.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit another of my 'hunted out' sites today. Not a huge area to swing, lots of tumbleweeds. Found a couple interesting things, nothing great but excited to find more stuff I missed with my other machines. "Kiss Proof" lip rouge compact lid from 1930's. Robert Essex Incubators brass label from about 1912. 3 zincolns and a 1994 nickel. Iron and non ferrous trash everywhere at this site! Patriot is sweet! Put a target dot on sweet spot of coil. Much easier to see now really helped with pinpointing.

Attachments

• 1516486342854.jpg
    1516486342854.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 1516486357294.jpg
    1516486357294.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 89

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Another decent hunt.
Every minute spent with this thing teaches you more and more.
Try the same site with the gain set low and the thresh high as I talked about and just posted in your first hunt thread.
I bet even more will pop up and it might be even easier to notice when they do.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another decent hunt.
Every minute spent with this thing teaches you more and more.
Try the same site with the gain set low and the thresh high as I talked about and just posted in your first hunt thread.
I bet even more will pop up and it might be even easier to notice when they do.
Thanks Dave! I will do that hopefully tomorrow. I'm not sure if you said it in the other post, but as far as numbers, like below 70 on gain and plus on threshold to be actually audible? Once again I always appreciate the help, your results speak for themselves!

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd be interested to see what you could pull out of that site with a little coil on the patriot.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be interested to see what you could pull out of that site with a little coil on the patriot.
I hear ya, I am tempted to try my NEL Sharpshooter or Sharp from the Omega! I have read they work fine, others say performance may be decreasad. either way Dave Johnson said it won't hurt the machine at least.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hear ya, I am tempted to try my NEL Sharpshooter or Sharp from the Omega! I have read they work fine, others say performance may be decreasad. either way Dave Johnson said it won't hurt the machine at least.

I've heard the sharpshooter is just as deep as the stock coil and has amazing separation.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread