Teknetics T2+ vs Teknetics T2SE?

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, AT Pro, Teknetics T2 Plus aka "Green Goblin"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the process of getting a new detector. I have been out of the hobby for a while and I have been looking at all the different detectors. I have come down to the T2, but I noticed there are a few different ones.

I was confused on the T2 LTD and T2SE, but now I understand that they are the same thing, with "boost Mode" and a few other additions, whereas the regular T2 classic did not have the Boost....etc. So I was wondering if the "boost Mode" and extra additions on the T2 SE was worth the $200 difference from the classic.

Now I have seen that the classic has a "boost mode" in the form of the T2+ package. So my question is, what is the difference between the T2 + and the T2 SE?

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FROM BigBoys THE Plus adds a brand new TEK Pin Pointer
Teknetics T2 Plus now with Boost Mode

The Teknetics T2 Plus is a high performance multi purpose professional metal detector. It utilizes the latest advances in electronic technology, and its functional design represents the leading edge of engineering.
The T2 Plus is easier to learn than other comparable metal detectors. Its combination of light weight and balance provides comfort unmatched by any other detector in its price range. Its most popular uses include coin shooting, relic hunting, and gold prospecting.

Key Features:• Large LCD Screen with Target Identification Display• Intuitive User Interface• Menu-Driven User Interface• Menu Always Visible• Trigger Actuated Target Pinpointing• Double Filter Discrimination Modes For Searching In Trashy Areas• Ground Cancellation – Trigger Actuated FASTGRAB™ Instant Ground Cancellation• Manual Ground Cancellation Option• Continuous Ground Monitor – Ground Mineralization Bar Graph Readout• Waterproof 11-inch Open Frame Bi-Axial™ Search Coil• Great for Highly Mineralized Soils.• Renowned Target Separation Capability• Super Sensitive – Detect Coins to 15 Inches and more• Low Operating Cost – More than 40 hrs with 4-AA BatteriesDETAILS

Teknetics has just released the newest enhanced version of the T2 SE!
Along with all the great features of the T2 LTD, this new software provides:
•DST (Digital Shield Technology)
•FA (Fast Retune Process)
•4 levels of FE Tone
If your getting a new Teknetics T2 LTD, make sure it is the latest release available like this one!

Always call text or email for best possible pricing!
We will beat or match anyone’s price!
Don’t like that package? Call us or use checkout option and get $75 in store credit for anything we sell! Even another detector!

Teknetics T2 SE newest version BBH Metal Detectors add free:

• 11" and 5"Coil Covers
  • Lesche Digger with purchase from website! $130 dollar value.

Teknetics T2 SE Factory Included Accessories:

• 5" DD Search Coil
  • 11" DD Search Coil

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in the process of getting a new detector. I have been out of the hobby for a while and I have been looking at all the different detectors. I have come down to the T2, but I noticed there are a few different ones.

I was confused on the T2 LTD and T2SE, but now I understand that they are the same thing, with "boost Mode" and a few other additions, whereas the regular T2 classic did not have the Boost....etc. So I was wondering if the "boost Mode" and extra additions on the T2 SE was worth the $200 difference from the classic.

Now I have seen that the classic has a "boost mode" in the form of the T2+ package. So my question is, what is the difference between the T2 + and the T2 SE?

Just an observation Dawgs, if you have the AT Pro, why would you buy a T2? The only difference in the two machine's capabilities are the two companies that make them. You owe it to yourself to do some more reseach before you pull that trigger. :skullflag:

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also rumors of the new T3 coming out too. May be something to hold out for. Actually not a rumor.....spoke with someone from Fisher labs who said that's in the works.

Timecop67

May 22, 2017
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Orx, Teknetics 8500, Treasure Baron with Gold Module
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT Pro = good water machine. T2 = a little better land machine in my opinion.....-recovery speed and 4 levels of FE Tone. But I'm waiting on the new Fishers that may be due soon and compare with Makro Kruzer or even older Makro Impact.

OP
OP
D

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just an observation Dawgs, if you have the AT Pro, why would you buy a T2? The only difference in the two machine's capabilities are the two companies that make them. You owe it to yourself to do some more reseach before you pull that trigger. :skullflag:

I had the At Pro with both the large and small coil, I really liked the detector, however I never planned on doing water hunting. I got cancer and was also a full time grad student so I had to sell all my stuff to help with bills. I was going to go a different route this time and try something new. I may get another At Pro Max. Thinking about it.

Praise God I am healthy now and want to go back MDing, I am currently "Detectorless"...lol

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It might surprise you how LITTLE you use boost mode!!! Anyway you decide you're gettin a KILLER machine!!!!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also rumors of the new T3 coming out too. May be something to hold out for. Actually not a rumor.....spoke with someone from Fisher labs who said that's in the works.

I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

Dawgs241

Dec 13, 2015
Choudrant, LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well y'all, I ordered the T2 plus bundle along with the 5" coil. Cant wait to get it and start digging. I did weeks of research and I came down to the T2. I feel like it will be the best for me.

Blessings all.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hhmmmkkkk...I gotta ask. Is this a waterproof version? and is it assumable that a new F75 is also on way?

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hhmmmkkkk...I gotta ask. Is this a waterproof version? and is it assumable that a new F75 is also on way?

No. T2+is not waterproof. It is a T2 Classic with added boost and comes with the Tek-Point pin-pointer and Digger hand tool. $549

F75+ is already out....not water proof either. It is a F75 LTD with the F-Pulse pin-pointer and Digger hand tool. $649

First Texas will be releasing 4 new detectors in the next 5 years...with brother and sister versions to go along with them. Many of which will be waterproof. (That is according to a recent post by the head of marketing)

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. T2+is not waterproof. It is a T2 Classic with added boost and comes with the Tek-Point pin-pointer and Digger hand tool. $549

F75+ is already out....not water proof either. It is a F75 LTD with the F-Pulse pin-pointer and Digger hand tool. $649

First Texas will be releasing 4 new detectors in the next 5 years...with brother and sister versions to go along with them. Many of which will be waterproof. (That is according to a recent post by the head of marketing)
o
Read the post I quoted,....was asking if T3 is going to be waterproof,...but it's all good and thanks for the extra info.....I just landed a f75+ :))

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

,...........and I like your videos by the way. Picked up Patriot recently as well,....Sent At Pro down the road after 18 months ,...I'm headlong into the F series.

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have the T2 SE and love it and I came from the AT PRO nothing against the Pro but im going way deeper with the T2.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
,...........and I like your videos by the way. Picked up Patriot recently as well,....Sent At Pro down the road after 18 months ,...I'm headlong into the F series.

You will love that F75! So much more user friendly and comfy to swing than a patriot IMO.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will love that F75! So much more user friendly and comfy to swing than a patriot IMO.

It's monsoon season here at moment...had patriot out in yard several times but that's it...but it was enough to know I LOVED the tone options and that it was lightning fast compared to that atpro...so......with this f75+ package out I decided to double down on f series. Gonna set my patriot up with a sharpshooter style coil pretty quick....later in year may get larger coil for 75, but no hurry on that one. Hoping to get to do a hunt Sunday pending weather. But I've been reading a ton and playing with menus in the house...just can't get over all my possible combinations..im stoked.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
o
Read the post I quoted,....was asking if T3 is going to be waterproof,...but it's all good and thanks for the extra info.....I just landed a f75+ :))

Yup..my bad! My eyes saw one thing and brain processed something else. Thought ya were asking if T2+ was waterproof.

Thanks! Appreciate you watching! F series are all great detectors. HH

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no, not the T3 unicorn again. I have literally been waiting years and years for teknetics to come out with a waterproof T3. I'm not trying to bad-mouth teknetics, I love my T2SE more than any detector I've ever had, but dang, how many more years is it going to take to get a T3? And by the time you come out with the T3 companies like makro and Minelab amongst others are going to be years ahead in technology. Either that, or this new T3 is going to have everything I've heard it's going to have and will be priced way too high for me.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever comes after the T2 - whenever it comes, I think you’ll be pleased with the price - the works has changed when it comes to Metal Detector pricing.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pulse induction with a true discrimination is the rumor. One thing I know First Texas will do right with the new technology is bring ergonomics into the machine/machines better than Minelab did with their new offering. I'm not bashing my 800. I love it actually but my f75 is much heavier and feels so much better to swing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread