Loving the Patriot!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody! Hit a High School down the street from me, usually unable to detect here, weekends are still busy at this school, Saturday extra curricular stuff and Sundays they have church services. This Sunday I noticed they no longer have church so I thought I would give it a shot. Emi very intense, lots of powerlines and underground electric here. I was running the Patriot with NEL Sharpshooter, at 60-65 sens 3 tones, 0 disc, 0 thresh. De speed. Had to lower sens to 40 as I got closer to the buildings. Lots of iron junk and foil in the ground here, so I was impressed to find what I did. Clad at mostly 4" or less, had 2 good dime signals 7" deep but decided not to dig them, one was under a big root. Anyway, I was hoping for gold, but dug 4 nickels and some stay tabs instead! Pleased to find a 1940 wheat, as this school was built only around 15 years ago. Patriot was running smooth & quiet at 40 sens, and the good tones were jumping out at me. Love this machine! Does what it should and I am really learning to trust it. Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• 1519007273395.jpg
    1519007273395.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 1519007292655.jpg
    1519007292655.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are they noisy ?
Same machine as F70. You just have turn down the sensitivity and shift frequency until it's running quiet. The thing is, it is so sensitive, fast and deep. Even when you turn sensitivity down to 20 (or less) it will hit hit as deep as many detectors running near max sensitivity. Many who tried F70 don't seem to realize the sensitivity knob is there for a reason, my X-Terra at max sens was not as deep as this one at 50% of max sens. It's simply a hot machine. I like to have the power if I need it, as opposed to a machine that you have to run at max to get good depth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread