May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
On another thread, Cipher said this: "If you want larger coils or more of a selection buy the $20 push in to screw on adapter from Serous Detecting."

I have no idea, I have one shipping to me, I watched some youtube vids and this seems like a good one for me to learn with and has good depth as is, with some ability to play with the settings and learn.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came in a few days ago ,and i'm in love :) Just fooling around in the front yard it found a dime @5" and a quarter @ 7". Especially like how it weighs nothing :) 003.JPG

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had the same issue. I have a Technetics Delta which uses a push in connector and wanted to get a 11" COLS DD coil which uses the screw in connector. I got an adapter from amazon for 20 bucks. It works great.

OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a video, looks like the older F5 and Greek push on coils will work with Liberator

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine came in a few days ago ,and i'm in love :) Just fooling around in the front yard it found a dime @5" and a quarter @ 7". Especially like how it weighs nothing :)

Mine should be here today, I have a set of old F5 coils and newer Greek coils; I ordered an adapter.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
Mine was supposed to be here Friday, but was sent signature required, and I was called away for something, and came home to a door tag. I hate that, I didn't know. So next business day is today, I didn't really have time this weekend to play with it anyway I guess (my son's birthday, and he woulda taken it as his). So this week I get to play....

OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine was supposed to be here Friday, but was sent signature required, and I was called away for something, and came home to a door tag. I hate that, I didn't know. So next business day is today, I didn't really have time this weekend to play with it anyway I guess (my son's birthday, and he woulda taken it as his). So this week I get to play....

Mine was same, too mad to post lol. Fedex always gets here after 3pm, same as UPS. Fedex guy shows up at 1030 and leaves tag.

Note to Teknetics: "Notify everyone signature is required"

deserthoag

Greenie
Oct 25, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a deal. Don't worry about the push in coil, I used a LS with 2 coils for 7 years and never had a issue. Keep us informed on how the Liberator does, especially on nickles in the field

OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll like it :)!

Holy cow Batman!

Air tests and around the yard exceeds anything I expected. What you've seen or read is true, 10-12" on a quarter all metal. It can ID coins in the garden at 8". I'm not a coin shooter but the options in the menu should cover anything.

And my older F5 push in coils work great, the 5" DD is deep also.

And for $219? With the Land Ranger Pro still at $300, I wonder if the Liberator is here to stay.

ONLY thing I have to work on so far is a carrying case. It's two pieces instead of the usual three I fit into a 28" plastic tool box. Have to find a heavy canvas bag.

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow Batman!

Air tests and around the yard exceeds anything I expected. What you've seen or read is true, 10-12" on a quarter all metal. It can ID coins in the garden at 8". I'm not a coin shooter but the options in the menu should cover anything.

And for $219? With the Land Ranger Pro still at $300, I wonder if the Liberator is here to stay.

ONLY thing I have to work on so far is a carrying case. It's two pieces instead of the usual three I fit into a 28" plastic tool box. Have to find a heavy canvas bag.

,.If this was some new detector to just hit the market those results would make headlines lololol,...All jokes aside it may be hard to find many detectors in the $500 range to duplicate those numbers. Keep us posted on how she does in the wild. Amazing what a few hundred bucks can get you now. Thanks First Texas.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow Batman!

Out yesterday w/the Liberator.Found some coins as deep as 8" in semi wet sand ,in Coin mode & sens set at 6. 003.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out yesterday w/the Liberator.Found some coins as deep as 8" in semi wet sand ,in Coin mode & sens set at 6.

Try your high school ring......unbelievable......and it's a 7khz detector.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my adapters in today, awesome! Can use my GoldBugPro screwin coils in addition to my F5 pushin set. No difference noted between stock Liberator 11" DD and GoldBugPro 11" DD in air tests.

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
So I posted about the signature required, it should have been here last Friday but I got a door tag from FedEx. I redirected it to a local walgreens (FedEx seems to partner with them for this) and that is where I went wrong. FedEx can't find it, it should have been at Walgreens Monday, I put in a claim to track it, and they still don't know where it is. Maybe they will know today, maybe I will have it for the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. I should have logged in, selected no signature required or whatever, and let it come to my house I think. I am starting to wonder if someone else is enjoying the Liberator...

OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I posted about the signature required, it should have been here last Friday but I got a door tag from FedEx. I redirected it to a local walgreens (FedEx seems to partner with them for this) and that is where I went wrong. FedEx can't find it, it should have been at Walgreens Monday, I put in a claim to track it, and they still don't know where it is. Maybe they will know today, maybe I will have it for the weekend, but I'm not holding my breath. I should have logged in, selected no signature required or whatever, and let it come to my house I think. I am starting to wonder if someone else is enjoying the Liberator...

Contact Teknetics. I bet they wont get the runaround from FedEx

hucklburry

Dec 18, 2010
Contact Teknetics. I bet they wont get the runaround from FedEx

What is funny, my sister is a captain of an Airbus 300 for Fedex, I haven't mentioned it to her, stuff happens. I bought via a distributor - via their amazon listing for ease of purchase, I'll contact them today after I follow up one more time on my tracking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread