T2 tones for thr the tone deaf

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
T2 tones for the tone deaf

Hi all, I am soon will be a proud owner of a T2LTD, I have been swinging an ATPRO for a 1 1/2 years, so I would not be what you would call an experienced detector but i did get used to the tones of it. I have got to the stage where I can detect by tone alone with out looking at the VDI to tell me what I am passing the coil over, I can tell the difference of a zinc penny to a copper penny and a clad 1/4 to a silver quarter.

Now I believe the ATPRO has what they call a modulated tone which I also believe works on the conductivity of the coin, when I am over a silver target I know by the tone it is silver before I even dig it, it just sounds softer, smoother and sweeter then any clad coin, this goes the same for dimes as well. This works at deeper depths too, last one found was a Rosie at 7 inches that whispered to me ( I love whispers)

My question is for all you experienced T2 users, would I hear the same sort of difference on the T2? or is purely the same tone and use the VDI numbers?

The ATPRO has only the one tone mode (I don't count coin mode, that's for newbies and kid's, why they had that on the machine is beyond me) where as the T2 has 1/2 a dozen tone modes which I am looking forward to experimenting with.

As always thanks for looking and HH.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The T2 has a mode called DP Delta Pitch 1 tone for every number so 100 tones, just one of many modes .
The owners manual will explain all the modes.
I haven`t been a stickily coin hunter for 26, a relic hunter all the time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread