T2 tones for thr the tone deaf
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By swagman

Thread: T2 tones for thr the tone deaf

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Kiwi

Nov 2014
    Nebraska
    Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
    216 times
    Metal Detecting and Restomodding my 67 Mustang Coupe
    Honorable Mentions (1)

T2 tones for the tone deaf

Hi all, I am soon will be a proud owner of a T2LTD, I have been swinging an ATPRO for a 1 1/2 years, so I would not be what you would call an experienced detector but i did get used to the tones of it. I have got to the stage where I can detect by tone alone with out looking at the VDI to tell me what I am passing the coil over, I can tell the difference of a zinc penny to a copper penny and a clad 1/4 to a silver quarter.

Now I believe the ATPRO has what they call a modulated tone which I also believe works on the conductivity of the coin, when I am over a silver target I know by the tone it is silver before I even dig it, it just sounds softer, smoother and sweeter then any clad coin, this goes the same for dimes as well. This works at deeper depths too, last one found was a Rosie at 7 inches that whispered to me ( I love whispers)

My question is for all you experienced T2 users, would I hear the same sort of difference on the T2? or is purely the same tone and use the VDI numbers?

The ATPRO has only the one tone mode (I don't count coin mode, that's for newbies and kid's, why they had that on the machine is beyond me) where as the T2 has 1/2 a dozen tone modes which I am looking forward to experimenting with.

As always thanks for looking and HH.
    Last edited by swagman; Apr 01, 2018 at 09:32 AM.
    My house is a money pit but my hobby is a pit of money

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5444 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    The T2 has a mode called DP Delta Pitch 1 tone for every number so 100 tones, just one of many modes .
    The owners manual will explain all the modes.
    I haven`t been a stickily coin hunter for 26, a relic hunter all the time .
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Sponsored Links