Review of the Mars Tiger coil

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is by no means meant to be a a professional review. They are just my personal opinions after using the Tiger coil for a few weeks. I purchased the Mars Tiger coil for my T2+ a few weeks ago and I have had a chance to use it for about 30 hours now. It is well constructed and although Mars says it does not require a coil cover it does come with one so i decided to use it. "I like to keep the things i own nice". It is about the same weight as the stock T2 coil although with the mounting bracket centered instead of off set like the stock coil it does feel a little different swinging it at first. Right off the bat i noticed this coil is fast. It has great recovery speed. There is also a slight increase in depth. I would say on average depending on the conditions you get about another inch or two sometimes more. But the most significant difference i noticed vs the stock coil was the way it handles EMI. At one particular site i hunt there was an entire section of the property I was previously unable to hunt using the stock coil because of interference from the power lines. With the Tiger coil I was able hunt the entire property and at one point i was actually directly underneath the main transmission lies. I did have to reduce my sensitivity quite a bit but at least i could hunt it where before it wasn't possible. I looked at several coils prior to purchasing this one and there really wasn't a lot of info or reviews online about them like some of the other coils because they are still fairly new to the U.S. so i took a chance with my $180.00 and purchased it. but from the experience I've had with it so far i would highly recommend it if you are having EMI issues or are just looking for a sensitive,well built all around good coil.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Coils do not have a recovery speed, the detector has the processor, thus it gets credit for fast recovery speed. Glad to hear you enjoy the coil. Happy Hunting.

OP
OP
BenVa68

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. Must be the way I worded it. I was afraid a larger coil might affect the sensitivity but It was actually better with seperation and picking up small targets in Iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions