Comparing Teknetics Gamma to Delta......Something discovered !

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for stopping in !

I was reading Andy Sabisch's field test report titled The Teknetics Delta 4000 starting on page 56 of the April, 2010 back-issue of Lost Treasure magazine and at the top-right column on page 58 he says, " the target ID information, which remains active in All Metal,".

So owning a Teknetics Gamma 6000, I checked my Owner's Manual and was shocked to read on page 20 (right above the sub-title AUDIO TARGET IDENTIFICATION) that "The ALL METALS mode does not provide target identification."

I would think that the Gamma, at the additional cost to the consumer of $220.00 more than the Delta, would include TID in ALL METALS mode!

So I took my Gamma out in the back yard and tested it. The good news is it does have TID in ALL METAL mode !

Next, I got on the Teknetics website to see if the above statement had been corrected in the Manual on display at their website, but it still reads the same! So I'll call them one day next week and advise what I found.

ToddB64

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
010.JPG
Teknetics did a great job on their Liberator !:) Bought new 4 months ago during a big sale they had for ...$219.00 & free shipping .

Owners manual >> https://mans.io/files/viewer/666998/1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread