The T2 made me proud today!

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me and my boss went MDing today. We were relic hunting in the woods at a known Civil War location. I have the T2+ with the boost program and he was using his Whites MXT. I found 7 bullets all of which were 10" or deeper. He found 0. and we were both hunting in the same location. He is very familiar with his machine and has been metal detecting for over 20 years. I just started last year. Plus I was using my 6" Mars Sniperr coil, he was using his big coil. I know the MXT is a great machine but it just wasn't able to detect the deeper signals the way the T2 could. I would put the T2 up against any other machine when it comes to relic hunting.

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I used to have a Minelab Safari, there was something strange about it, sometimes I could swing over an object and it would not make a sound but on the return swing and each subsequent swing it would detect and lock on. I then sold it and got a T2. The T2 was much faster response and almost as deep as the Safari but started having much better success with the T2 over the minelab plus it was so much easier to swing. What don't care about is the T2's performance on the beach, even when I ground balance I end up picking up too much rusted Iron signals which the Minelab I could notch out and get deep hits on other objects.
Do you know is the new Anfibio or the Equinox are worth the upgrade?

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
10 inch deep lead, or coin, with a 6 inch coil is very impressive!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread