Delta 4000 problem

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Anyone ever have a problem with machine turning itsel on and off? I got it new and only took out to test. I had no problem with it boxed back up and put away. I recently sold it to someone. When I took it out to show it was dead so went got new battery. Just showed briefly. It was jumping around a little but seemed ok. Buyers called and said it will cut itself off and on. He changed battery again but still the same. Anyone know anything about this?? Thanks for the help.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Could be a loose power supply (battery, springs or connection). Another possible cause is a defective on/off switch. With digital electronics there could be other causes for this condition. :dontknow:

Is it under warranty?

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
No. I’ve had it a year and I had put it back in the box after taking it to a park to test. I sold it online to someone who lives in another city. When I showed it to him it looked to be working fine. Just needed a battery.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. I’ve had it a year and I had put it back in the box after taking it to a park to test. I sold it online to someone who lives in another city. When I showed it to him it looked to be working fine. Just needed a battery.

So did it just need a battery (you first said the battery replacement did not work) or is it still acting up after replacing the battery? Your response is ambiguous. Is it ok now?

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I had sold it through a web site. The fella that bought it said he was going to try a non alkaline battery. I haven’t heard back. Don’t know if that was problem or not.

OP
OP
D

dustbuster

Nov 10, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
I got the detector back and have been testing it. Reread the instructions. Went through directions(I am note familiar with this detector). It never cut off while i was working with it, however, it has been making a beep sound every once in a while even though it is off. Any ideas??

Charlesp54

Oct 31, 2012
Hernando Ms / Memphis Tn
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Propointer, 11" DD Coil, 5" DD Coil, 8" Concentric Coil, BH Tracker 4, Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since you said you sold it online and since I dont trust nobody. Did you receive the same machine back that you shipped out? Have you verified this by serial number? I have a Gamma 6000 and it came on once by itself. It has only done it once and I never found the cause of it so I just said it was ghost. I hope you can find some help with your issue.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haunted Machine ?

IDK That's a strange one.

Leftylyons

May 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been using this machine for 15 years....if you dont have a plain ol 9 volt like duracell or enegizer it does that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread