Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey all, Iā€™ve been doing endless research on my next machine. I found a used T2 with 5 coils and popped on it. I primarily relic hunt in farms. I have been using only Tesoroā€™s for 5 years. Iā€™ve been looking at all the major makes and models. I found this to be a good fit. Has the stock coil, Detech 13, the 5ā€, the 5x10, and the 15ā€. Itā€™s a black SE, seems to have updates for FA and some other things I didnā€™t recognize in the number of tones selection. I will post more details later.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the T2 CLUB! I have have a T2 with a sharpshooter coil and I really like it. Very Light and Deep.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can someone tell me what all is contained in the latest software? I have 2a 2b and 2c tones plus bp dp and fa, plus some others. I would guess I canā€™t get any info from the manual on these different modes... thanks

Correct myself here, the manual does have the modes listed

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
FA process means you have the latest software with DST upgrade.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the new machine. With the big coil in mild ground that machine is as deep as just about anything out there. Hope you gel with it!

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Should the T2se with newest software still be very succeptible to emi? Itā€™s way cold, I canā€™t dig, so Iā€™ve just been messing with it, in and around the house. Itā€™s barely useable with all the interference in the ground. So far Iā€™ve used the stock, 10x5 and ultimate 13. Same results. I know itā€™s bad at my house, my Tesoroā€™s are affected by it as well. Iā€™ve just seen a lot of posts about how quiet it should be and itā€™s not. It appears to have several hundred hours of use judging by its condition.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Learn how to flip through the 7 frequencies, to find a quiet one, reduce the sensitivity, and do not use the FA process in high EMI areas. In town I hunt with 65 to 75 Sensitivity and out in the country I crank it up to 90, but I never max it out. I swing the cousin of the T2SE, the F75LTD.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the T2SE for a couple of years now. Admittedly, I'm a slave to the numbers, but being damn near deaf, that's about the only way I can function. I'm still learning and have a long way to go with it. Haven't found anything earthshaking yet, but I figure it's either me or where I'm looking, not the machine.

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Iowa, loco is right don't go over broad on too much sauce, that machine can crank, keep it dialed back a bit and she'll work real good for you. Its surprising how well this machine works for prospecting finding gold nuggets. dial the hum level to just barley audible and she'll go deep.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can now update this thread with some relevant information. I finally got a chance for a real all day hunt for the first time this year. I took the T2 se to a large property in NE Missouri. There are several old home sites, Wells and cellars, barns. Trash infestation was incredible at these sites. The 2 oldest being the most iron infested sites I have ever come across. They are so far out and so deep in the timber, I was not expecting the barrage of iron, even in a 50 yard perimeter.

Iā€™ve onky used a vaquero for these situations prior to today. I have spent a ton of hours researching my new machine so Iā€™m able to just go with minimal learning. Running 75 to 90 sens, 2b tones, 3b tone at the more modern house, disc 0-21.
Letā€™s just say, the vaquero is about to get dusty. This machine fits the bill for me and working the trash. I can already tell I will be digging less iron and getting fooled less by it. I used the 10x 5 elliptical all day and love it.

Itā€™s heavier than any Tesoro and I could tell by the end of the day. I woke up sore anyway. It doesnā€™t seem to be any deeper than my vaquero. 8-10ā€ on the deepest small targets. Most in the surface to 6ā€ range. The main advantage here is the tonal information and speed and separation. And the fast grab is great. Always fiddled with gb on the vaq.

Iā€™m very excited for more hunts with the se. I will be sure to try my detech 13 next time out

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Iā€™m planning on doing a short head to head with vaquero and t2. Cross checking signals and such. I have a great small site with very low trash on my own property. It will be a great place to test.

I should also mention that the ground tracking feature on the t2 came in handy a couple times. I noticed where the FE meter would fluctuate in some areas, do a quick fast grab, and move on. A simple process, thatā€™s useful, and was missing from the vaq. By the time I would know the ground changed, itā€™d be too late and Iā€™m chasing ghosts by then, then re ground balance. Not a big deal, and easily dealt with, but wonā€™t be missed.

I will post up some more results in the coming weeks as I have time to get out. Which isnā€™t much...

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you GB neutral on the vaq. Or go a quarter turn negative and max threshold (supertune) ?

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Do you GB neutral on the vaq. Or go a quarter turn negative and max threshold (supertune) ?
Really depends on the site. I, for the longest time tried super tuning and power balancing, in the end, I never had a situation where just running ā€œnormalā€ would not have worked. I found it frustrating super tuning around trash, it messes up the disc ability. As far as the negative balance, it may have found some deeper stuff, but the 5.75 concentric is always on there so 8ā€ is about all you get on the good stuff anyway. Running sens at 10, thresh at 1 or 2 o clock, and disc at foil. Dig all solid repeatable tones. Thatā€™s how I use the vaquero most.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really depends on the site. I, for the longest time tried super tuning and power balancing, in the end, I never had a situation where just running ā€œnormalā€ would not have worked. I found it frustrating super tuning around trash, it messes up the disc ability. As far as the negative balance, it may have found some deeper stuff, but the 5.75 concentric is always on there so 8ā€ is about all you get on the good stuff anyway. Running sens at 10, thresh at 1 or 2 o clock, and disc at foil. Dig all solid repeatable tones. Thatā€™s how I use the vaquero most.

I also run the 5.75 conc. on my Tejon. Great coil!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread