Greenie
Jul 14, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Fiaher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some detecting at a local beach Friday. I have a white's DF PI but got tired of digging 18 inch holed for hairpins. So I got the T2 out and it did well even at the high tide line of the wet sand. I had it in 2c with 0GB 0 disc and sens 75 to 80 depending on the sand. I found $3 in change and one quarter at 13 inches. Not to mention a nice watch about 2 feet down. I've used it before on the beach but only in the powder. This is going to be my main machine for those junk filled beaches. 20190222_141342.jpeg

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the T2 surprises everyone who uses it! Add a sharpshooter coil and you will be surprised again.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats a deep machine cool watch to. Glad your machine is killing it

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Explain yourself please!!

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine machine. Has depth as deep as anything else out there, it's fast, lightweight and it's better on nickels than I like to give it credit for. ;) Have found more gold than with any other detector I've ever had.

But...I find it's audio and visual id's to pretty lackluster. I don't find the audio to very "smooth" and have difficulties determining trash from good often enough that it 's still irritating to me.
The numeric display is also a bit more jumpy than I'd like. Never really seem to "lock on"!
Finally, the depth gauge is a joke. Being only slightly more accurate than CNN! Likes to call the depth much deeper than actual. Maybe it's compensating for something!

It's my back up and I only switch to it when I tire of swinging my big, bulky, analog unit!

Just my experience! Take it for what it's worth. (I wouldn't pay much)

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good honest reply. Thanks. I hope to have good luck with mine...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread