Need some information

Doglegged

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry in advance if not allowed here. Long story short is that I’ve been using a bounty hunter tracker IV, it’s a great metal detector and have had a blast with it. I’ve been watching reviews and videos of people using the BH and it just seems like the max on these things is 5in 6 max and that’s how it’s been for me. I’m wanting to get something with more depth and I’m torn between the delta 4000 or the fisher f22 and side side comparison they seem the same on paper, except the 4000 has a max depth of 9 inches compared to the 7 inches on the F22. I want to get feedback from you all to maybe help me make my decision. Also with the BH I’m using I dig almost all targets but the places i hunt are full of trash and was hoping that the 4000 or the f22 would help in digging a little less trash. Thanks

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depth will depend on soil conditions. The Delta and F22 are both 7.7khz machines with similar $200 range performance. It will be the options, bells, and whistles that separate those two. 9V for the Delta...2X AA on the F22. Both very light...both have decent options for a beginner to intermediate range user. Need all-metal mode....get the Delta. Need weatherproofing...get the F22. Performance on coins sized objects in disc mode will be pretty close.

I have used both and would be hard pressed to choose one over the other as far as performance. I can say I like the F22 better for the options....weatherproofing...battery setup. But I would not have buyers remorse picking one over the other.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The the coil size of those machines are directly related to the depth they will achieve. You will certainly dig less trash if you review target ID numbers and could get more depth if you bought one with the 9"x 11" DD in lieu of the stock 8" concentric coil on the Delta or smaller 7" on the F22.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread