Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I cut my teeth in this hobby at old farms using a vaquero and did pretty well the past 5 years. I bought a used t2 se with 5 coils this winter.

This monster opens up all my sites. 3 tone, 4 tone, 2+ and fa are what I use. In fact, fa with the 10x5 at max sens is so incredible. I have intense iron trash sites with shallow targets and I feel I can hear every non ferrous bit of metal. The number of buttons, coins, and bullets I pull from iron beds is unreal compared to the vaquero. Also, using 3 tone and 4 tone has led me to great finds in old yards.

I have no regrets. I’m 20 hours on these batteries and still good! The only downside so far is that it can be tough to use in town due to emi. Even with dst. Great machine!!

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh I wish it had a backlight too. I hunt a lot at dawn, dusk and even middle of the night....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's sensitive, I swing it's cousin (F75LTD) and normally run at 65 sensitivity in town. Make sure you flip through the freqs when you run into EMI issues.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya! I have taken a lot of flack on forums for speaking poorly of my Vaquero. I found some cool objects with it, but after using my Omega and Patriot, I felt like my detecting game improved immensely. Like a lot of things in life, the best you know is the best you've had.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hear ya! I have taken a lot of flack on forums for speaking poorly of my Vaquero. I found some cool objects with it, but after using my Omega and Patriot, I felt like my detecting game improved immensely. Like a lot of things in life, the best you know is the best you've had.
Hanging up the t2se for a while and getting the omega out on some coinage. Getting hot here and the woods aren’t friendly anymore for my relic scene. Ready for some open swingin!
Do you ever use larger coils on your omega 8000? I mainly use the 10x5 DD but the 13” nel does good in my little test garden. I’ve never used it on the omega in the field. Usually reserve its duties to the gold bug pro. I’m gonna start hitting curbstrips and parks over in Mobile, see what happens.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to have the Omega 8000 and really liked it. Unfortunately it went haywire and it was replaced with the 8500 by First Texas at no charge out of warranty. Great company. Good luck and stay safe IR!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread