Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey let’s talk for a bit about tailoring the t2 se or f75 Ltd to our sites. I have some questions and am looking for input. And for this, my main concern is relic hunting amongst heavy iron in yards and fields.

1 I have read about using 1 tone with disc 21 max sens for best unmasking. I believe this originated from a dankowski post. Is this relevant with FA being released? Which coil for this? The 5” the 10x5” or stock? My 2 oldest sites are machine gun style iron audio. Targets are shallow. But getting harder to find as the deeper stuff is co located with iron.

2 sensitivity in a site like this? I found with the vaquero, it unmasked better at a less than max sens. Not so on the t2? Or only in certain modes?

3 disc setting affect on falsing on iron? It seems that raising the disc in heavy iron encourages falsing. Should sens be lowered as disc is increased?

4 coil size effect on these settings?

Thanks for sharing any experience. I really don’t want to use the t2 in 1 tone as I feel I could just use the vaquero. Is there any other ability in the t2 to increase productivity in the thickest iron? These places still produce but man the clear non ferrous targets are tougher each time out.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I should also add that I have only used the 10x5 and 5” coils so far. Also my dirt cancels at 58-61 in my area.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd try the FA process using the 5"DD, that little coil gets amazing depth. Just know that FA is very susceptible to EMI though so you might have to reduce your sensitivity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread