First finds with my T2 SE.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my new Teknetics T2 SE Thursday. I also ordered a Cors Shrew coil to go with it. Was using the Cors Shrew for everything in these pictures EXCEPT the bullet, which was found with the stock 11" coil. There will be another Cors coil in the future for me. They make an excellent product.

I'm very pleased with the T2, it's an amazing detector and today it showed me what it can do with less than 4 hrs total time on this machine. It pulled nickels out like no other detector has ever done for me. Lots of power under the hood, and I didn't even run it past 65 on sens. Had really good results cranking disc up to 40, ran 2 tone and 3 tone. I've finally found what I was looking for in a detector. Simply amazed at its ability to find things, and the Cors Shrew coil is no joke with this T2. If you don't find anything with the T2 it's either where you are hunting or YOU.

All the coins and junk are from roughly 3 hrs metal detecting today, bullet is from another site visited today less than an hour. Nothing but clad here, and loads of nickels that are very discolored.I've hit this area earlier this year with the Equinox 600(now gone), and XP ORX. The bullet I found at another place today, but was not even there an hour due to rain. I'm looking for some identification on that lead bullet so if any of you can help with it I'd be glad to hear it. Any idea on age of the bullet?
051219_all.jpg
051219_bullet1.jpg
051219_bullet2.jpg

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and getting out with your T2SE, I've been loving my F75LTD for 5 years now, very similar machine.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds and getting out with your T2SE, I've been loving my F75LTD for 5 years now, very similar machine.

Thank you! I can see this detector has potential. If I don't find something its because of the location or ME. I think we have good and off days with detecting too. Everything just clicked today. Teknetics is making some good units. It made me a little nervous today when it was drizzling rain a bit, but I kept on detecting. Have a cover on the control unit, but not one on the lower battery compartment and that is on the way. Didn't downpour or anything only light mist and drizzle for less than 3 minutes. The finds were too frequent and I was "in the zone". Sure didn't want to stop. Now that is true enjoyment!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my t-2 as well , first time out in the yard I was finding stuff I had missed with many machines over a 30 year period .
the T-2 really picks up the coins deep.

OP
OP
RobNC

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love my t-2 as well , first time out in the yard I was finding stuff I had missed with many machines over a 30 year period .
the T-2 really picks up the coins deep.
With a small coil the T2 is surprising. It's a specialized tool at that point, and the depth it can get with a small coil defies logic. I've not been able to use it much as I'd like due to a car accident almost 2 months ago. When I do get out it seems like at around the 1 hr mark I really start to connect with this metal detector and have a good groove going.
Great all around detector. Lots of power to spare, great versatile companion.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
These all sound like similar experiences to mine with the T2se. It’s my go to. I have found it to be hotrod that really fits how and where I hunt. May I recommend the tek 10x5? I know the corse scout/NEL sharpshooter is similar, but the tek coil is a fantastic closed design and it’s a KILLER. it is the most versatile coil on the t2 imo. Never used aftermarket yet. The 11” doesn’t get used much at all. It’s all about that 10x5 and 5” round for my sites. I do use a detech ultimate 13 once in a while in a nearby field and park, it’s not my favorite but the depth in boost mode will make you sick! Can slaw at 11+ inches anyone? Lol. I much prefer the t2 out in gods country where she can really rip. And fa process with the 10x5 and 99 sens will show you what’s really up in a cellar hole, plowed field scenario where targets are real shallow. It is incomprehensible how fast the t2 is in fa with 0 disc. It misses nothing to 5-6”. I have a goldbug Pro and can not wait to compare it and it’s 10x5 with the t2 at my favorite nail carpeted site. I have an omega 8000 v4 on the way with a 10x5 mounted on it for my coin duty. T2 is great on coins but missing a couple key features that could be useful.

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other great aftermarket CORS coils for the T2SE

With a small coil the T2 is surprising. It's a specialized tool at that point, and the depth it can get with a small coil defies logic. I've not been able to use it much as I'd like due to a car accident almost 2 months ago. When I do get out it seems like at around the 1 hr mark I really start to connect with this metal detector and have a good groove going.
Great all around detector. Lots of power to spare, great versatile companion.

I highly recommend the CORS Fortune (same as NEL Sharpshooter coil) & the CORS Strike (same as the legendary NEL Tornado coil). IMO that the elliptical 5 x 10 Teknetics coil is really overpriced at $179.99 & the CORS Fortune coil will perform equally as well at a much more reasonable price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread