Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
This is my first post so I'll tell you a little bit about myself and ask my question.
I'm 67 and live in Deltona Fl. I've been detecting for over 35 years and have binders of coins and a few boxes of "stuff". I started out with a cheap Fisher and then got 2 Teknetic 9000's for me and my wife. In my opinion they were the best detector ever made. The different sounds were crisp and you rarely had to look at the screen to know what you had. they went pretty deep. Found 1800 dimes at 10".

My wife died and I gave my 9000 to my brother inlaw and basically quit. 2 months ago I found the binders full of coins and buttons and decided to get back into it. The 2 9000's I bought used really didn't work. I returned the one I could and threw the other in the trash. After researching I bought a Garrett AT-pro. It's a good detector but the screen is small and I have found nothing deeper than 6" - 8". I did more research and bought a Minelab E-trac. A little larger screen but you CAN'T see it. It's so dim even with the back light on. In the house I had to use a flashlight to see it. It did go deep though. Found a 2" twisted piece of copper wire 15" deep with a strong signal. Sold it and did more research.

Just ordered the T-2 LTD and have been reading up on settings. Some confusing things:
1- some say use BP mode with less sensitivity others say use C-2 with high Sensitivity.
2- Some say set dis at 12 -15 others say 20 -35

I search the salt water beaches and empty lots. The beaches have little iron and the lots may have a lot of iron. I don't want to listen to it hiss and beep constantly so what would a good setting for the beach and one for the lots?

Thanks for any replies and good luck hunting!
Bill

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite T2SE settings

Hello everyone,
This is my first post so I'll tell you a little bit about myself and ask my question.
I'm 67 and live in Deltona Fl. I've been detecting for over 35 years and have binders of coins and a few boxes of "stuff". I started out with a cheap Fisher and then got 2 Teknetic 9000's for me and my wife. In my opinion they were the best detector ever made. The different sounds were crisp and you rarely had to look at the screen to know what you had. they went pretty deep. Found 1800 dimes at 10".

My wife died and I gave my 9000 to my brother inlaw and basically quit. 2 months ago I found the binders full of coins and buttons and decided to get back into it. The 2 9000's I bought used really didn't work. I returned the one I could and threw the other in the trash. After researching I bought a Garrett AT-pro. It's a good detector but the screen is small and I have found nothing deeper than 6" - 8". I did more research and bought a Minelab E-trac. A little larger screen but you CAN'T see it. It's so dim even with the back light on. In the house I had to use a flashlight to see it. It did go deep though. Found a 2" twisted piece of copper wire 15" deep with a strong signal. Sold it and did more research.

Just ordered the T-2 LTD and have been reading up on settings. Some confusing things:
1- some say use BP mode with less sensitivity others say use C-2 with high Sensitivity.
2- Some say set dis at 12 -15 others say 20 -35

I search the salt water beaches and empty lots. The beaches have little iron and the lots may have a lot of iron. I don't want to listen to it hiss and beep constantly so what would a good setting for the beach and one for the lots?

Thanks for any replies and good luck hunting!
Bill

Just thought I'd share some knowledge that I've gained from reading the forums and experience from using my T2 & T2SE.
All T2s get max depth using the discrimination mode at disc settings below 10 and over 50. I prefer to hunt using tones. My favorite settings are as follows For strictly coin shooting in trashy areas: Disc 53, Tone 4, & Sensitivity 60-99. To hear everything including iron targets: Disc 0-5, Tone 4, Sensitivity 60-99 If I'm digging in an open field and am not worried about a manicured lawn and can go deep to recover targets using a shovel I use Disc 0, Tone bP, Sensitivity 60-99. bP (Boost Process mode) will carry over to all metal mode. In bP you will get 2+ tone(a low grunt for iron and a squeak for all other metals). In most cases the T2SE will run quiet and you can crank the sensitivity to maximum, however if you are in a high EMI area you might sometimes have to go as low as 40 on sensitivity to quiet the chatter down or sometimes you can crank up the discrimination a little to quiet it down. Even at 40 sensitivity the T2 will go deep. Hope this helps. Walt

OP
OP
Billieg

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Walt!

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW, How are these settings working out for you? Have you had the chance to use your T2SE much in the past year?

Lrj913

Mar 19, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a 5 inch coil be same settings in trashy?

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best T2 Setting To Use In Trashy Areas With 5" Coil

Would a 5 inch coil be same settings in trashy?

For really trashy areas using the 5" (or any other coil). I use Disc 53, Tones 4, Sens 60-99. This setting is mainly used for coin shooting. Granted, you will miss some of the smaller gold items. However if you just don't feel like spending a lot of time digging up lots of trash, it's the way to go.

However if you don't want to miss anything, then you can use Disc 0-5, Tones 4, Sens 60-99. With this setting you will hear everything metal that your coil passes over and you can look at the VDI number and decide whether you want to dig it or not.

The third option is you can use the T2 in all metal mode, look at the VDI number and decide whether you want to dig it or not.

Of the two options using 0 discrimination I prefer using Disc mode because of its' distinct tones for the types of metals.

What makes the 5" coil so good in trashy areas is its' smaller footprint. It's not as likely to have 2 targets under the coil at the same time. Because of the T2s' fast processor and fast response time you are better able to distinctly hear each metal item as the coil passes over it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread