Shalllow Water with T2

MGB

Jun 29, 2020
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Researching
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been trying my T2SE in shallow water on some high traffic beaches. The detector works well but after about 15 minutes it started to get really noisy and shortly. Shortly thereafter it went into overload and would not recover even after repeating the ground balance. The coil appears to have a small leak because after letting is sit in my 90 degree garage overnight it seems to work fine again. Two Questions

1. Has anyone had any success with adding some type of additional waterproof protection to the coil?
2. Suggestions for upgrading to a waterproof coil?

Thank

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to hunt freshwater, get an ATP, AT Max, or Minelab equinox, fully waterproof. Nokta also makes a fully waterproof machine. Using non waterproof machines in water, even shallow water is inviting disaster since all you have to do is trip or slip on mud and your whole machine becomes toast.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
if you like the stock coil size/shape I would be looking at the Cors fortune or the Cors scout. They will perform very well, are built well, and are better shielded from interference. Many many people like the Cors fortune / Nel sharpshooter coils. I have a real big soft spot for the stock T2 coil though. It’s just amazing in most situations and has found me some real good stuff in well hunted spots.

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your using a coil cover it is black sand getting between the coil and cover 100%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions