Lincoln County

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Stop by "JIM'S SEWING CENTER" the local whites dealer&an avid hunter.He should be able to supply you with info on where to detect locally.DBULL

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There was a lot of activity in Lincoln County. You should be able to come up with something there. I'm from Pulaski....I worked in Lincoln County for the last three years...I have asked a lot of people, but nobody really seems to know a lot about the history, however, I have done some research and I know of a few spots around...

You can also ask the guy at the local whites dealer...He knows a LOT of info...

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crashboro - Do you currently live in Pulaski?

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, I currently live in Pulaski.

I sent you a PM a while back, or at least I thought I did. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to this post, I had forgoten about it.

pensacolakid

Sep 29, 2008
seneca, south carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
I just found a civil bullet behind castaways resturant in fayetteville, lincoln county last tuesday june 28th, 2011. Its from when andrew jackson was camped out at camp blount. Most of the area is covered with businesses, but there are still some acreage to hunt. most of the fighting was done around tullahoma, shelbyville area just north and northeast of lincoln county. Troops mainly camped at the old stone bridge in fayetteville to protect it from being blown up. Also easy access to Huntsville, ala. area and on to decatrur,ala.

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pensacolakid said:
I just found a civil bullet behind castaways resturant in fayetteville, lincoln county last tuesday june 28th, 2011. Its from when andrew jackson was camped out at camp blount. Most of the area is covered with businesses, but there are still some acreage to hunt. most of the fighting was done around tullahoma, shelbyville area just north and northeast of lincoln county. Troops mainly camped at the old stone bridge in fayetteville to protect it from being blown up. Also easy access to Huntsville, ala. area and on to decatrur,ala.

You should read "With Blood and Fire". It is a book written by a history professor at Motlow. There are several archive letters, orders, and stories about Lincoln County in the book. Most of the activity in the book talks about what was going on at the home front.....between Union soldiers and civilians. BUT, there are some stories and accounts concerning the Confederate gorillas in the area. It is a good read and full of info.

pensacolakid

Sep 29, 2008
seneca, south carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Information: Weekend after 2012 thanksgiving, I found 64 civil war bullets, 1 common eagle button, 3 small rectangle buckles. All less than 1 mile from Fayetteville, Tn. Its still there, you just have to put yourself back in those times mentally and look around.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions