Anyone hunt Bedford County?

mikep829

Jan 18, 2009
Bartlett, TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Wilson Coin Select
I am military and will be home on leave in June. Anyone ever hunt around Shelbyville, Wartrace, or Bell Buckle? I was wondering what kind of luck people have had. I have just recently learned of all the Civil War history in the area. Spent my last couple of years of high school there (years back), funny thing is I never heard one thing of any Civil War battles or activity in the county, all you hear about is Stone River. It will be my first time hunting back home and have a few hundred acres to hunt, can't wait!

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd be happy to join you if the timing is right for me. I'm originally from Tullahoma and now live about an hour away. My grandfather and father grew up in Wartrace. I have heard of people MD'ing in the area - no forum members though. There are things to be found there. Just lemme know.

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike
I live in Wartrace and yes we have plenty of civil war locations throughout this area. I've often hunted Liberty Gap, Hoovers Gap ect..
I'm a Patrol Officer in Rutherford and get to meet many people..nice folks and most everyone I incounter give permission to hunt.
The home I live in now was built over a old house that was a hospital during the civil war...from the finds we've located I say they had many troops in the area.
Send a PM if you would like to hit some of them. I remember going home on leave when I was in...seemed like everyone wanted me to do something with the family and never had time to myself ;D

Suck it up! and Drive On!!!

3RINGER

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also live in Wartrace, and have hunted around here and found a few good things. Liberty gap has been verrrrrry good. It's just getting harder to get permission to hunt. I dont like to hunt alone,(snakes)in the summer. Winter months are better in wooded areas. Had a good hunting partner but his work has not allowed for hunting the last 2 yrs. so maybe someone out there also needs a hunting partner.

pensacolakid

Sep 29, 2008
seneca, south carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
I found a nice us buckle around where the hwy from tullahoma crosses the duck river. There is stuff all over the area just north of shelbyville. go to www.waroftherebellion.com to do research on the area. Lots of battles and troops around the shelbyville, tullahoma, winchester areas. Good luck.

growdude

Dec 26, 2004
I live in Fayetteville I'd love to hunt that area if someone needs a partner I'm retired and home most of the time .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions