MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
TnMountains said:
Sorry I missed this post.

Actually, there will be a couple more trips this year and we are thinking about planning a couple day tripdoen there to hunt for some indian relics... so if you want to put together a hunt.. let me know!

Mark

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MonkeyBoy said:
TnMountains said:
Sorry I missed this post.

Actually, there will be a couple more trips this year and we are thinking about planning a couple day tripdoen there to hunt for some indian relics... so if you want to put together a hunt.. let me know!

Mark

The Tennessee river holds many artifacts but you really need a boat. On Cw hunting study the area around bridges that were active during the CW. Pm as you get closer to coming and will see what I can think of for you. We are not selfish and enjoy sharing our past.
Richard

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a little heads up. Be careful about diving the River around Chattanooga as TVA claims juridiction and will definitely arrest you.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
duggap said:
Just a little heads up. Be careful about diving the River around Chattanooga as TVA claims juridiction and will definitely arrest you.

I have yet to run into TVA. Twra yes. My cousin dove below hunter musuem and floated up a large marble urn with air bags. He also said the bottom is covered with sawed off limbs from the civil war hospital above on the bluffs. He did get in trouble when he found the sunken paddle wheeler and pulled all the brass, well warned and now its a historical site. Lots of bullets downtown around Coolidge park. You are right though all of Chattanooga is now a park. I hunt all private land in Chattanooga. Below the walking bridge in the river is thousands of guns.There are pictures of them throwing them off the bridge at one time and the air was black with them. I think they hung people off that bridge as well. I love the history here.
We dug the first coca cola bottling plant dump in the river near the,,,, and got all the rejects : )
You must live here as well. Cool

TnMountains

ldrigg71

Feb 25, 2008
Lamont,The STICKS!!
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
i moved here in Nov of last year. I have done very little Md'ing as I have no idea to the laws here. would love to meet some folks and do some hunting soon.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ldrigg71 said:
i moved here in Nov of last year. I have done very little Md'ing as I have no idea to the laws here. would love to meet some folks and do some hunting soon.

I think if you call Hickory Valley Elec co.(they sell metal detectors,tesoro) they have some clubs here. I have never been but heard they were pretty active. Chattanooga is loaded with CW stuff. Its all in peoples yards and all battle finds unless you find a camp. Hope this helps you some. All our parks are battlefields unless you go to the one across from the aquarium. Its only about ten years old but.... its full of cw bullets. I hunted it before it became a park.
Welcome to T-net and Chattanooga

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
June Taylor is the contact for Hickory valley. She is a wealth of information and is always willing to help out. I sell Tesoro products for her. Her father was well known in the area and well liked as well. Her # is 800-533-0525...mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread