Need Hunting Buddys in middle TN robertson co.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I used to live in Goodlettsville but since have moved to Lenoir City just outside of Knoxville. I would have to look at my schedule and see what weekend is best but I wouldn't mind hunting with you. One of my ancestors was captured at the Battle of Nashville and taken POW to Camp Chase in Ohio. Maybe he camped at the Confederate camp you found. It would be pretty cool to find something from his unit Co G, 54th Reg. of Va. Infantry. Also did you check out the Middle Tennessee Metal Detecting Club. I used to belong to them and they are great.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Wartburg, in Morgan county. If you still need somebody to hunt with let me know when and I'll see if I can get loose. I can't get anybody to tell me where to hunt around here. There's one skirmish site just over the hill from me that the owners have a cow if you ask to hunt there and 2 other places I heard of that they are keeping secret. The court house doesn't have any info and the library doesn't either. I would love to hunt a CW site. Thanks a bunch.

DANGLANGLEY

OP
OP
Southern_Justice

Southern_Justice

Jun 24, 2009
Springfield TN
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
yeah hound i believe that that regiment was trained there its called camp cheatham it was just a small confederate training camp but some big names have moved through it. The other spot i have is a small confederate fort that the union captured and then the confederates came back through and took it back from them so there has been action there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread