New Tennessee State Wide Metal Detecting Yahoo Group.

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks TN. I joined.

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV , Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Radio Shack 2v6 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD , And a Homebuilt M.D.
Thank You.

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
I am a member also, so when are we gonna plan a Tennessee group hunt?

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Now thats an idea i havent even thought of.

U got any ideas ??

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
Well, this my opinion about a group hunt.
First of all no "seeded" hunts. That's a waste of money and time.

1. Pick a general area that accomodates most of the "active" members.
2. Research a site that holds potential.
3. Gain permission to hunt the property with the intent of it being a group hunt.
4. If needed (all participants pay a small entry fee and give the pot to the property owner)
5. We're all adults, no need for awards or rewards. It's all about the finds anyway isn't it?

6. If no site can be found, set a date at a public park to detect and eveyone meet up. Friendships and fellowship is the reward.

Just my two cents......

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fl1ntpo1nt said:
Well, this my opinion about a group hunt.
First of all no "seeded" hunts. That's a waste of money and time.

1. Pick a general area that accomodates most of the "active" members.
2. Research a site that holds potential.
3. Gain permission to hunt the property with the intent of it being a group hunt.
4. If needed (all participants pay a small entry fee and give the pot to the property owner)
5. We're all adults, no need for awards or rewards. It's all about the finds anyway isn't it?

6. If no site can be found, set a date at a public park to detect and eveyone meet up. Friendships and fellowship is the reward.

Just my two cents......

Agreed!

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
OK I agree, here is my challenge , i am a disabled vet, not yet released from active duty , still going thru med treatments etc.
even have a PET scan for cancer coming up. So is there anyone one of you can take this bull by the horns and run with it??

I don't know that i would have the time and energy for it, and i am not allowed to drive right now so i would have to wait on the wife to go scout out places etc.

if not i am not sure when i could put something like this together by myself.

Karl

P.S. i posted this in the yahoo group and made a poll question for it also.

I may even have a site to do this on , here in murfreesboro the geographical center of TN.
I will check with the property owner and see.

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Karl,

Sorry to hear that you are down and out. But would personally like to thank you for your service in protecting this great country.
As far as putting on a blown out hunt, theres really no need for it. Let's just plan on a park hunt so everyone can meet up and build some friendships. More than likely if you put alot of stress and planning into a huge hunt more than likely only a handfull of people will show up.

Murfreesboro sounds like a good place to me. How about we plan a group hunt for the spring?

Karl it's good to see someone with as much drive as you are showing for the hobby. It's rare, I like to think that i've still got it. I started detecting when I was about 10. My father had a Jetco detector and he worked second shift. So when he would leave for work I would sneak into the garage get the detector and start swinging. (Always blamed the holes in the yard on the moles)
I am now 33 and still have the same interest in the hobby as I did 23 years ago.

Let me know any ideas that you may have in regards to the hunt and maybe I can help.

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Thanks and Will do, the property i have in mind is attached to the back of mine, there are old home steads and some old stills etc.
it was also part of the battle fields of readyville, the saying goes if you could see pilot knob then you were in part of the battle field for readyville and murfreesboro. its a 96acre site , the owner and his sons use it for hunting and nothing else.

Karl

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Sounds like a great site to detect. As mentioned if a hunt is planned, I would ask that everyone detecting to put $20 to $30 in. And give that to the landowner for allowing permission. And I would also request that a waiver would be signed by all parties to protect the landowner as well. This day and age you can't be too carefull.

Count me in!

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Next time he is here i will go over and talk with him and see what they say,
Worst they can say is No.

Karl

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would enjoy a hunt in Murfreesboro. I am in Chattanooga and the battlefields are mostly in people's yards now days. Hope your test have nothing but good results and I also thank you for your service.

OP
OP
TN_MD

TN_MD

Jan 6, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
TnMountains said:
I would enjoy a hunt in Murfreesboro. I am in Chattanooga and the battlefields are mostly in people's yards now days. Hope your test have nothing but good results and I also thank you for your service.

Thank You, I don't plan on lettiing it bother me till i get the results and even then good or bad i will keep marching on.

as far as i know during the last 20yrs no one has ever MD this property acording to the son.
I will let you know what they say.

Karl

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
TN_MD said:
TnMountains said:

Thank You, I don't plan on lettiing it bother me till i get the results and even then good or bad i will keep marching on.

as far as i know during the last 20yrs no one has ever MD this property acording to the son.
I will let you know what they say.

Karl

Gentlemen, with the easy fly in that Nashville is, the possibility exist that I might make something like this. My best buddy from HS lives in the Boro and this sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I am in Texas now but at heart always a Volunteer. Keep this thread posted and you never know, it might coincide with a trip I am taking back to see the folks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread