Gpaa claim?

johnboy54

Greenie
Sep 16, 2006
Johnson City TN
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 202
tenjos said:
anyone hear if there are any leads on a new claim yet? I have been panning a few times in the conasauga river. no color but found a bunch of quartz and black sand. anyone ever try any of the creeks (other than coker) in the Cherokee Nat. forest?
I Have Found Some Color In Clarks Creek and the Nolichucky River In Unico County on the national forest lands Mill Creek Is a Potential place to look to also some silver is to be found to

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,146

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
The old GPAA claim is now The Smokey Nugget anyone can join is the way I understand it go to the Coker Creek visitors center they have a paper on it,If you are looking for gold,Try Doc Rodger's field,but it is still considered Coker creek, and you do have to have a permit

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many feeder creeks of Coker creek are great. Tellico River has produced some nice nuggets and flakes but one must dredge in the middle to really get to the gold. Turkey creek(Tellico) Whipporwill creek (Coker) and lower Coker near the confluence with the Hiwassee are good. Little River is good also but you can't dredge anymore. Stay out of the boundaries of the Smokies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread