Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was talking with my brother tonight about that spot I mentioned and he said he knows people that have gone up there and that for a fact there are cannonballs laying around out in the open. When these friends walked around I don't know, he's 16 years older than me and assuming they are the same age as him it could have been in the 60's 70's or later. I think I'll walk up there, without detector, tomorrow just to look around and see if it's worth the trouble getting permission to dig.

And assuming it's a good site, we get permission, and we do find live balls, does anybody know how to deal with them?

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes I know what we can do but we will have to good slow. I have been looking in to the parks to.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry got2dig working rest of week. Hope you guys can get in that property. Normalizer is as excited as a kid a xmas. Wish I still had his enthusiasm. Guess I have heard the word NO to much. Trying to get in touch with an owner of a field in Hoover's gap.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Battle of West Nashville

Interesting website about Kelly's Point and the Battle of Nashville. Trying to figure out just where I am in relation to the lines, there very well could be stuff I don't know about in the yard. The house is built on what was part of the Belle Meade Plantation at the time.

Good stuff.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guys I out there digging it up. Not at K piont but I have got some new spot and they are paying off. One is in Brentwood. and should be a very good spot. How are you doing and we nee to get a hunt set up.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been hiking through k-point, know most of the west side of it but haven't ventured up on the top of the hill yet. The most interesting things I've found have been a 1959 Pontiac Bonneville that's been flipped and abandoned, and used for target practice over the years. TONS and TONS of shotgun shells laying around, as well as the normal hobo camp trash.

There are two areas that look interesting, one is a manmade stone something or other completely littered with modern bullet casings and the other is what I initially assumed to be earthworks but after looking more closely yesterday I think it's just the way an old tree fell and the root ball created a mound.

If anyone is a golfer the treasure trove is to the left of the point, an abandoned golf driving range. Balls laying around everywhere....

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool I have a spot that me work out but still looking to come in to Nash. for a hunt. I try to set up one for here if guys can make it.

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunted the area before. All over Kelly's point.
If u guys get out other places I'd love to join.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've hunted the area before. All over Kelly's point.
If u guys get out other places I'd love to join.

Allways looking for a new spot and would love to hunt Nash. just PM me if you get time and we can set up a hunt. I hunt week days the weekend are out fo me work.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
did yall ever hunt this hilside???

Nop, not me I was out that way and looked at it but did not hit the dirt. Got on some more spots that I hunted. I have just been back on Tnet a day or so and would still like to hunt Nash.

twoauers

Jul 7, 2013
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newbe also - with a Garrett Ace350 new, live in Hermitage open to hunt every weekday, and is available. Retired and love to hunt. Jon in Hermitage

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread