Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you can do it on a monday, and don't mind a total newbie following and asking questions, I'd be up for it. Gotta warn you though, I'm a tick magnet.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Mondays are good with me and I'am still green to but will help if I can.
I will look at hunting in a few weeks need more rain. So keep posting up and we well set something up.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'am looking for spots in Nash. but would like to hunt any place in mid tn. So let's see what we can come up with. Lots of rivers bottoms in Nash. there would be some cool stuff there.
And there are lot of wood lots still. We just need to look at some maps and put it all together. I'll start working to see what I can come up with you guys do the same and we'll try to make this happen this fall.
I start hunting alot in Oct. Got to look out for the deer hunters.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A spot I'm interested in is the hill back behind and to the right of the Walmart on Charlotte pike. There was an ironclad battle or something there, and I was told lots of bombardment against the rebels. The easy part to get to is off limits, either army corps of engineeres or official historical site/park, but to the right of it on the hill is undeveloped privately owned land. I just don't know where to begin asking for permission.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have been thinking of that spot as well there will be stuff all around it just need to find out is it posted? And there park is it Metro of Fed. and is it posted? This park is a new park I think just a few yr old right.
We need to look in to this and the hill to. See what you can find out. I'll see what I can come up with to. But I'am in Spring Hill I do come in to Nash. about two or three times a mo. We will get a hunt set up soon.
When the fields are good you guys can come out here for some week day hunts. Still good stuff to find here.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the park is metro, and as far as I know metro forbids md'ing in all parks with very few if any exceptions, especially ones with civil war or historical significance. To the right of that is a creek or something and it's corps of engineers, as would be any major waterway. Then to the right of that is the hill with the woods. I drove around it last weekend. One can park at the motel behind the waffle house and walk past the fence up the hill (looks steep) or on the other side at a fairly low rent looking apt complex, but I think that would draw even more attention.

Nashville.gov - Planning Department - Interactive Map

I've been checking metro property records and it looks like the hill itself is owned by a combination of a bank and real estate company. It's got contact info, I just don't know how to go about asking for permission. Anyone ever done this before that can share a sample letter they've had success with?

And stupid question possibly, but what's the chance of some of the artillery rounds being explosive and still dangerous? I know civil war stuff isn't like modern shells but some of it could still be touchy, right?

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We need to look in to the Metor parks, lots of hunters hunt in them but Fed parks no no not me. We need to look in to this some more as for parking the waffle house would be fine we could have lunch and work our way in that way. they will be cool with us there one would think. We just need to look in to this so more. I will be in Nash. in a few days looks like Wen. or Thur. I'll pm you my Number and we can go from there. If that's cool.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And as for the artillery being live yes they can be!

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You're on point then. :)

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
cool I'll take the point. but I'll dig slow lol.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive talked to a few people that have hunted some of the parks near nashville. Some say they get away with it some dont. Its 50/50. Try emailing the bank and development. Dont tell them there is unexploded shells lol

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Battle of West Nashville

Interesting website about Kelly's Point and the Battle of Nashville. Trying to figure out just where I am in relation to the lines, there very well could be stuff I don't know about in the yard. The house is built on what was part of the Belle Meade Plantation at the time.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll say you are right on it . I have been looking at this for some time but have got to get to it.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ive talked to a few people that have hunted some of the parks near nashville. Some say they get away with it some dont. Its 50/50. Try emailing the bank and development. Dont tell them there is unexploded shells lol

Yep no need to say that. How the hunting your way.

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny I was just reading thread while you posted. Have not been able to get out once. Tomorrow got a little time to hunt

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I might go try and just walk around tomorrow to see how accessible it is, the first two battery's are in the park so off limits, the third battery placement looks like it's on private property. Also, there was a calvary battle or something behind the cracker barrel. Looking at the satellite image there is a small stand of woods behind the restaurant and the interstate. Might be too thick to do anything or even fenced off. I bet the cracker barrel mgr would give permission if we bought lunch there.

Where I work in Brentwood is right by the RR tracks where they chased the rebels south to Franklin so I went walking behind a shopping center by the tracks after work today for about 3 hours. I freaked out when I pulled a 3-ring bullet out of the ground but soon realized it was part of a spark plug or something. :) No telling how much dirt has been piled up over the original landscape at that location due to construction.

OP
OP
got2dig

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Guy's we need to get out there and hunt. I have been looking at the spot there in NASH. for some time and I will have time 1st of Oct. I'am going to come to Nash. this week looks like it will be Wen. Just let me know if we can look the spot over and what time. It will be thick there but we will know where to go this fall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread