Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
OMG - I feel so so sorry for you!
killingme.gif
All kidding aside - I would probably get (suggest) to your Mom the very same MD you are using. Why? She will have a ton of questions during her "learning curve" with both MD'ng and her new MD. You already know about your MD - so all you will have to deal with is her "learning curve." Let's be honest - 90% of MD'ng is knowing how to listen to your MD - make your life easier. Hey, that is my 2 cents - take it or leave it!
killingme.gif

Whatever MD you finally decide on - please consider buying one from one of
tn_02.gif
's Supporting Vendors.

Poppntabs

Greenie
Oct 28, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000/Di PRO sl
Garrett Ace350
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I'm a newbie girl in Nashville, too! I usually detect early in the mornings on weekdays (tues.wed.thurs.). If you want to go, let me know! The main thing that has helped me is to just keep hunting, and you get to understand your machine better! It gets easier, I promise! We can look at a map and find something in the middle of us. I am still on a learning curve, though......happy hunting!:hello:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
welcome newbie ( and no I won't do your movie)

Just wondering why there seems to be such a concentration of Mder's in TN?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to all the new Tnet member and detectorist. I get to Nashville every yr for a weekend or for a week in Dec. Would like to get together to do a day hunt. If you would like to meet me drop me a PM and I will let you know the next time I am down. Good luck and happy hunting......Matt

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Great State of Tennessee is second only to Virginia in the number of civil war battles. The first Metrotech Detectors roamed battlefields and camp sites in the early 1960's for minnie ball bullets and uniform buttons history buffs and that is the way it has been ever since.People in search of preserving our heritage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread