DONT HOLD IT AGAINST ME!!!!

• Thread starter treasures hunted
  • Start date
T

treasures hunted

DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME!!!!

Hi Everybody!!!

I guess we pretty well have the State of Tennessee covered. ;D Don't hold it against me, but I live in Germantown, which is about 30 minutes away from Elvis Presley's home. Germantown is between Collierville and Cordova. Honesty, I am not bragging, but thought I would add my 3 cents. I haven't been MDing yet, for the very important reason of not having a metal detector. Seriously looking for one. After spending 3 weeks on the computer, reading about all the different MD's, I have narrowed it down to a Whites' DFX or MXT. Now, all I have to do is find one I can afford. I have been reading about the different "finds" the members have had. Someone found a half dime (too ugly for words!), and I looked up the value, which was not in the book. The internet showed that they had auctioned one off for $1.3 million. Here is the information found:

Half-Dime Sells for $1.3 Million
Posted May 3rd 2006 3:03PM by Nicole Weston
Filed under: Auctions

A rare 1792 half-dime sold at the Central States Numismatic Society convention last Thursday night to a private collector for $1.33 million. The coin is believed to be one of the first minted by the United States. The half-dime, or "disme," as it was originally spelled, was in excellent condition and believed to be one of the best examples of the few hundred that remain around today. It depicts the figure of Liberty, a woman with flowing hair, on one side, and an eagle on the reverse. The cataloger for the Heritage Auction Galleries of Dallas, which was selling the coin, said that the coin might have been pressed twice at the time of minting because it's details are so clear.

See!!!!!! It could happen to any of us at any time. Keep plugging along, and I hope to join you soon when I finally get my MD

TreasuresHunted

R

redneckinwayz

Re: DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME!!!!

Welcome to the forum.....

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: DON'T HOLD IT AGAINST ME!!!!

Welcome and good luck. I like to see it when more people from Tennessee start detecting.

Happy Hunting Twister

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread