East Tn. Area

Burke Greear

Mar 15, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would like to find someone to MD with

I live in Kport and work in Greeneville. I am new to the hobby. I have a Tesoro Compadre my wife got me for Xmas a couple of years back. Would like to get some use out of it. Might be able to score some old home places in Greene County. Not sure of any other sites, but would be willing to go anywhere within reason. I am off on Fridays and Saturdays. Let me know if you would like to go sometime.

seal73

Jul 7, 2015
East TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the sport and looking for buddies to hunt with and advice. I am in Johnson City.

hoot712

Aug 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new to the hobby, live in Kingsport, work in JC. not a lot of free time but Im sure we can work something out. If your still looking let me know.

DannyB

Oct 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Crossville TN and was looking for a metal detecting buddy that hunts in the area. Thanks!

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro silver umax and fisher f44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey there east tennesseans =)
living in alaska at the moment but headed back that way this spring and CANT WAIT to get out detecting after being couped up in this frozen snow globe.
i too will be living in kingsport and looking for some friendly folks to detect with, so far in 3 years i haven't found a soul to go with lol.
i'm no pro but i sure do love finding whatever i can with my silver umax and soon my fisher f44 also.
happy hunting

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
peeboo, when you get back, definitely visit Treasure Hunting Outfitters in JC (near the mall). They have a new md club that sounds very active and heading in the right direction.

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great news! Getting back just in time! After being in Alaska last few years sure makes me appreciate the lower 48 lol. Excited!

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fairbanks. Just saw that. That's gonna be different for sure.
I worked oil industry in the 80s and made dozens of trips to Anchorage and points north all the way to Prudhoe and ANWR (and even a tad further). Always took all my vacation at the end of those company trips. Absolutely LOVED Alaska. I am ruined for life because of Alaska fishing. Nothing here comes close and the only reason I go fishing anymore is the companionship with friends. The fishing down here just cant cut it. Still toying with the idea of moving up there and spending the rest of my life playing in the woods.

I wouldn't imagine that the detecting is all that great up there even when the ground isn't frozen. You do any good while you were there?

bigun

Dec 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I'm in kingsport and interested. I've just got a discovery 2000

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A small few of us in Fairbanks. I know one guy who gets nice rings all the time but he goes out constantly even when it's 20 below.

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure the fishing is absolutely amazing. My husband brought home some awesome salmon from dip net fishing. The salmon lasted us about a year and no salmon is ever tasted as good.

peeboo

Oct 5, 2015
Southeast GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see there are others in the area to connect with. Can't wait for spring! Def want to get involved in j.c. Metal detecting club.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread