Anyone in the Memphis area?

Quix Ten

Dec 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Re: Anyone in the Memphis area?

Jason, I might be up for something... what do you have in mind?

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Hi,

I live in Dyersburg. My supervisor/m.d.'ing partner and I have been interested in the Memphis area because of the civil war forts/parks there. Could you give me any info on these areas or perhaps other "open" spots to hunt? We would LOVE to get a chance to hunt for Civil War relics! Thank you for any help!!!

Ant

Quix Ten

Dec 30, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Anyone who lives near Memphis and is into metal detecting and treasure hunting might be interested in joining the Memphis Metal Detector Club. Visitors are always welcome at the monthly meetings! You can find the club website at http://www.memphistreasure.com.

johnkevinhill

May 2, 2012
New too and had fun searching with kids our first time today in Olive Branch Park

Attachments

• image-105369857.jpg
    image-105369857.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Rpley Tn here 55 miles north of memphis....

MountainDewed

Oct 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who lives near Memphis and is into metal detecting and treasure hunting might be interested in joining the Memphis Metal Detector Club. Visitors are always welcome at the monthly meetings! You can find the club website at Memphis Metal Detector Club.

Hiya, this library is like 4 minutes from my house but I see two different meet times. One says the third Tuesday of each month and the other says the fourth Tuesday of each month?

Prest Olives

Greenie
Nov 13, 2014
Mississippi, Leland: Memphis, TN
Detector(s) used
old one, new Coinmaster GT, got Garret 150 for son
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw that too, I don't know if the club is still around, Just got a Job in town and have been checking. I am moving to Olive Branch and have been checking around. Most of the post from this area are older ones.

Thumpic

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2016
The Sunny South
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw that too, I don't know if the club is still around, Just got a Job in town and have been checking. I am moving to Olive Branch and have been checking around. Most of the post from this area are older ones.

I checked out that club too, but I think it's defunct......

AA4HV

Jun 8, 2016
Cordova, TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Cordova (suburb annexed by Memphis). I am very new to MD and we are still looking for a good detector and some "experts" in the area. I have been searching for a local MD club in the area.....so far, NOTHING ! It seems to be that way with everything, not just Metal Detecting, in the Memphis area. Either no club at all or a lot of little clubs that work against each other and don't ever accomplish anything big. I started calling this "The Memphis Attitude". I recently heard a MD podcast produced by a MD magazine, talking to a MD pro in Nashville, and they made a remark about "The Memphis Mafia". I don't know exactly what they meant, but it did NOT sound good. Sounds like Memphis had a bad reputation in the MD circles. Can someone provide ANY information about a MD club in the Memphis area and maybe prove that Memphis does have a good active MD group?

Prest Olives

Greenie
Nov 13, 2014
Mississippi, Leland: Memphis, TN
Detector(s) used
old one, new Coinmaster GT, got Garret 150 for son
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you may want to start a new link on this Charlesp54. I'm going to try to make the meeting this Thursday, I work evenings and I may only be able to stay a short time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread