Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RadioDiver

Jul 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a little digging my self I do know that any TVA property does not allow any kind of metal detecting. Most of the waterways at least in East TN are TVA property I am not 100% sure about the area around Nashville.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RadioDiver is correct re TVA. They claim just about all the water in TN and prohibit metal detecting on "their" water and "their" lands. They have taken detectors in the past.

BUT, if you are in a local city/county or sometimes even a State park, asking the Ranger in charge can get you a "Sure, just fill your holes". I even had one lady park superintendent get huffy and tell me that this was 'her' park and that TVA had zero jurisdiction over DOE land and she would love to explain it to any TVA person that thought otherwise. She then proceeded to tell me the best water spots to hunt where she knew the drunks and smokers (smoking prohibited on beaches in this park) would play and not be seen.

eta: don't be so sure about hard ground. we've had a lot of rain this july in TN.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like for all your infor and the invite that I receive but my trip is being cancel for right now. Thanks Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread