ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MD: State and Fed parks are off limits and DO NOT detect on any of 'TVA's land'. You haven't met Arrogance until you've met TVA.
Local parks/schools/etc are good to go same as most places- just be a good steward of the land.

MF: have at it! I've never heard of anyone caring about it at all; even on 'TVA's water.' I do it from my kayak often in both the rivers and lakes in east TN.

Good Luck!

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MD: State and Fed parks are off limits and DO NOT detect on any of 'TVA's land'. You haven't met Arrogance until you've met TVA.
Local parks/schools/etc are good to go same as most places- just be a good steward of the land.

MF: have at it! I've never heard of anyone caring about it at all; even on 'TVA's water.' I do it from my kayak often in both the rivers and lakes in east TN.

Good Luck!

Magnet fishing is okay on the water. Get caught with a detector on TVA land or in the water it will be a bad day!

They use to allow people by permit but some jack wagons were digging up Indian burial grounds so now is all banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mhoecker

Dec 1, 2016
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's TDI Pulsescan, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, guys. Glad to hear about schools and parks. Here in No. Va. private land Is the only option.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread