New Madrid/Island Number Ten

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen quite a few artifacts over the last year that were attributed to coming from Island No. 10, so I would say that its been hunted hard. Trick might be to travel to the area and look around, then see if you can get permission from some adjoining landowners.

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Yeah, I kinda figured it would be like that. I was thinking about looking at odd places that no one would consider as a worthwhile spot.

OP
OP
wormnblack

wormnblack

Jan 8, 2007
Dyersburg, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I think I have come across that name, but haven't read it tho. I'll have to look into it. Very cool having an author as a friend! Thank you!!!

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talked to a uncle this weekend and he talked about boats being sunk in the channel to block gunboats at New Madrid. He used to run a dirt excavation company that worked that area over 35 years ago. He has found things all over Southeastern Missouri from war and indians.

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
one of my fathers frienbd in 1980's went uo onto it you coukld still see the old small boats and they picked up a few things, I would not advicce going on 10 because it is washes out undeneath I have lived in that area my whole life if you go on it you possibly could never be seeen again due to you falling throught the sand where the water has eaten asway underneth the best would be the banks of farm land on each side

wormnblack said:
Hi,

I've started doing a bit of research on the battle of Island number Ten (a.k.a. Number Ten Island). Has anyone searched around this area and/or the New Madrid area? I've seen a "map" of the area, but nothing is aproximent. Thanks for whatever hep you can offer!

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
wendid sameni have permission for every fiel there almost i live in kingsort tn and can only hunt kt when come down you show me yours ill put in contact with farmers even ft. Pillownsurrojndding area im not there so u can hjnt as much as you want

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
ypo know I learnes a lesson about people saying it hunted out hit hard etc. I was innprince george and was tols that and it really has been huntes quit an bit but found perfect CSA buckl aand breasplate not 5ft off road and 34 or 40 buleelet even 69 bullet

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
ypo know I learnes a lesson about people saying it hunted out hit hard etc. I was innprince george and was tols that and it really has been huntes quit an bit but found perfect CSA buckl aand breasplate not 5ft off road and 34 or 40 buleelet even 69 bullet

just like islans 10 as soon as i put my detector down i picked up a minnie got to think along time there walk all over ran for cover from boats it is miles of land that have not been ttouched 5eople could not do it

canadajt

Greenie
Nov 1, 2008
I would hunt right n front 5 men could not cover that areas in 20 years all farmes also then move left of monument get to fields there along river i hunt it and will never stop

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread